Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Bug] Autoscroling bug - v2.9.4.39 and newer
still having erratic intermittent autoscroll issues....hope Chrome gets it fixed soon!
(12-07-2017, 06:02 PM)jeffhere Wrote: still having erratic intermittent autoscroll issues....hope Chrome gets it fixed soon!

You can file a bug at:
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/list
Nope, still there on multiple sites (but some work...I think it has to do with comments (but tried smooth scroll and scroll anchor flags in various states, no change).

I am unsure it is Chrome now.

Using Slimjet and identical website, I do not experience the issue as I do with Cent. Even side by side. The difference is:

Slimjet vs CentBrowser

and

Chrome version

In slimjet its 61.xxxxx

Cent using 62.xxxxx

So when slimjet gets past the Cent Chrome version, I should have better comparison....
what I will do is test an older Cent Browser version that has same or less than Chrome on Slim....
Pulled Version 2.9.4.39 (Official Build) (32-bit) (portable) (Chromium 61.0.3163.100). This version of chrome is close to the Slimjet version of chrome.

and so far, smooth, not erratic....so will use it and watch.

Can I update Cent but use the chrome 61 version (I see if I update on portable, chrome.exe is replaced and there is a chrome_old.exe (or similar) name). Can I just rename that file to get the earlier chrome version or not that simple?
(12-14-2017, 02:49 AM)jeffhere Wrote: Pulled Version 2.9.4.39 (Official Build) (32-bit) (portable) (Chromium 61.0.3163.100). This version of chrome is close to the Slimjet version of chrome.

and so far, smooth, not erratic....so will use it and watch.

Can I update Cent but use the chrome 61 version (I see if I update on portable, chrome.exe is replaced and there is a chrome_old.exe (or similar) name). Can I just rename that file to get the earlier chrome version or not that simple?

Yes, you can do that.
Please check "How to revert to an older version?" in the following link:
https://www.centbrowser.com/faq.html
to confirm:

I can update Cent Browser but still pull back the older chrome by renaming so I will end up with:

* latest CentBrowser3.0.4.29
* Older 61.xx chrome

yes (sorry, just ensuring we are talking same!!)?? It's not really a full update or downgrade to older...it is a mix of the 2 (older chrome, newer Cent)!
nope. backed it all up so tried...

Its' the combo of latest Cent/Chrome or earlier....seems like I cant intermix.

I updated so it added the new version folder. Went to it's root to use the old chrome (rename the 2 files, old and current...etc) and Cent goes in tandem with Chrome.

I was hoping as above for older chrome with latest Cent....