Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Material Design in Chromium 71
Long time user, but only just registering on the forums here, to express how gutted I was to see the newer style design becoming mandatory.
I certainly appreciate the time and effort you put into making this a great browser for each of us, but I found myself in the unusual position of having to roll back to the previous version, and disabling auto-updates after getting the update today.

It would be great if you could retain the older appearance options, rather than having to have the hideous, full on material design mess.
The ability to have the alternative style new tab button, the clear delineation between tabs, and the unobtrusive address bar, (rather than that eyesore that is enforced in Chrome now) was wonderful.
I have also just signed up to say that you will lose me as a user if you guys don't introduce a flag to get back the old design (literally one of the main reasons I use your browser). For now, can someone tell me how to downgrade to the previous version until the devs decide if they're going to do this for us or not?
(01-31-2019, 11:44 PM)Yani84 Wrote: Well, it is what I'm doing for the moment. But ideally, I'd like being able to update. Also cause the last version with the old tabs also has the desktop-icons-refreshing glitch when you open it which is annoying in a slow computer and is fixed in the new version. :/  Thinner tabs is not the same as old tabs, but still better than the big ugly mess they turned them into, ugh.

Anyone knows why the new tab shorcuts aren't round in  Cent even if you configure everything just like in Chrome? Is it on purpose? The round shortcuts is the ONLY thing I like about the new Chrome style. Tongue Not too important, but i'm curious.

We may adopt it in 3.9 or 4.0 version.
(02-02-2019, 03:09 PM)ChelleFromHell Wrote: Long time user, but only just registering on the forums here, to express how gutted I was to see the newer style design becoming mandatory.
I certainly appreciate the time and effort you put into making this a great browser for each of us, but I found myself in the unusual position of having to roll back to the previous version, and disabling auto-updates after getting the update today.

It would be great if you could retain the older appearance options, rather than having to have the hideous, full on material design mess.
The ability to have the alternative style new tab button, the clear delineation between tabs, and the unobtrusive address bar, (rather than that eyesore that is enforced in Chrome now) was wonderful.

Thanks for your feedback.
We will try to improve the UI in a sustainable way.
(02-02-2019, 04:07 PM)Ownsin Wrote: I have also just signed up to say that you will lose me as a user if you guys don't introduce a flag to get back the old design (literally one of the main reasons I use your browser). For now, can someone tell me how to downgrade to the previous version until the devs decide if they're going to do this for us or not?

Please follow item 2 in https://www.centbrowser.com/faq.html
(02-02-2019, 04:40 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: Please follow item 2 in https://www.centbrowser.com/faq.html

I have followed what was in the FAQ and now I'm getting this error after the installation and can't seem to open the browser anymore:

[Image: JAGDpEj.png]

I have tried reinstalling again and even removed it from registry with nothing working.
Another user registered to voice my distaste of the material design. I specifically switched to Centbrowser when chrome introduced it in hopes of it being kept over here. Now it's also been introduced over here, and having to downgrade is far from an optimal solution, especially for anyone who does webdev and may actually want to use newer browser/chrome features.

I've downgraded for now, but I really hope this is resolved. It's not just a tab height issue either, it's the entire design as a whole: https://imgur.com/a/I03Nctw
Trapezoid tabs so you can see the favicons with many tabs open (without having to use a tab dropdown or tab pages, which would require extra clicks), smaller "new tab" button, shorter tab height, far less padding on the omnibox search suggestions, and using rectangles rather than rounded rectangles for the omnibox itself and it's search suggestions.
I'm upset by this awful new design. I'm using a desktop PC not a freaking tablet. Why does everything need to be spaced out and larger?

Hopefully there is a way of making the new tabs smaller in width and height? Basically make the whole top UI spacing more compact as the old version. Also a way of adding a transparent new tab button like the old version had?

[Image: J2ExBa8.png]
Also Only signed up to tell you guys that i also want the old design back Sad

For now i switched back to old version guide for switching back worked great!
I too, only signed up for this. I love the Cent Browser for several reasons (it's much faster than Chrome) but mainly because the "classic" tab design was available. I have to use Chrome at work, and this squared off tabs with nasty colour gradients is very bad. Yes it's a lot of work to bring back the classic look, perhaps you can have a fund drive to pay for it, I know I will chip in. UI is critical in computers, and this new UI is bollocks.