Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Material Design in Chromium 71
Will it be possible to keep the material design flag when CentBrowser updates to Chromium 71 so that we can keep the 'angled' tabs? They removed the flag to disable the material design in Chrome 71. Thanks.
Damn, I wasn't aware that they removed the flag. What a dick move. The new UI is so fugly. Their new "innovative" design looks like Firefox from a couple years ago when it was even goofier looking than it is now. I also really hope you guys can keep the flag working, or provide some other kinda option to revert to the classic UI.
We will try best effort to keep the flag, but our final decision depends on the workload.
I just posted this Q in a thread I made. Please do keep it, it is the only reason I jumped to Cent. I realise you won't make decisions just for me, haha, but I am sure it is a high priority of why a lot of people made the jump to you guys in the last month.
Testing 3.8.5.52 now, and the flag's gone. Not seeing any way to have anything but rounded square tabs, or square tabs. This is disappointing.
(01-18-2019, 11:37 PM)papadoc Wrote: Testing 3.8.5.52 now, and the flag's gone. Not seeing any way to have anything but rounded square tabs, or square tabs. This is disappointing.

It is huge work to bring it back.
We are undecided whether we should do that.
+100
The new design is terrible!
I also had tried the beta version and commented on it....the tabs look really sucks now. I went back to 3.7.2.33 and turned off auto-update!

I thought I did see the UI Layout for the browser's top chrome flag but the "normal" setting used in 3.7.2.33 is gone.

(01-20-2019, 08:03 AM)CentBrowser Wrote: It is huge work to bring it back.
We are undecided whether we should do that.

maybe a survey is in order? We understand about workload, though....
If I'm being honest, after the initial shock value wears off, it seems a little less terrible every day, but it's still a little goofy looking. The old tab shape was getting pretty dated, so I don't think people would've minded a change, just not really this particular change.

Unfortunately, I also find the square tabs a little harsh looking. If you do decide it's too much work to bring them back, maybe you could hook us up with a simpler combination of the two existing options. As I see it, the detail which is making them a little goofy looking isn't the top border-radius, it's the bottom one. If we could get an option with the regular slightly rounded tops, but with 90 deg angle bottoms, I think they'd actually look pretty decent. Also with the little gap removed from the left of the first tab, like you do with the square tabs.

Example:

[Image: PgK9l19.png]
(01-21-2019, 07:05 AM)papadoc Wrote: If I'm being honest, after the initial shock value wears off, it seems a little less terrible every day, but it's still a little goofy looking. The old tab shape was getting pretty dated, so I don't think people would've minded a change, just not really this particular change.

Unfortunately, I also find the square tabs a little harsh looking. If you do decide it's too much work to bring them back, maybe you could hook us up with a simpler combination of the two existing options. As I see it, the detail which is making them a little goofy looking isn't the top border-radius, it's the bottom one. If we could get an option with the regular slightly rounded tops, but with 90 deg angle bottoms, I think they'd actually look pretty decent. Also with the little gap removed from the left of the first tab, like you do with the square tabs.

Example:

[Image: PgK9l19.png]

I agree that we need third option for tab shape(to replace the old trapezoidal shape).