Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Material Design in Chromium 71
(01-21-2019, 04:26 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: I agree that we need third option for tab shape(to replace the old trapezoidal shape).

nothing is wrong with that trapezoidal shape! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. You don't like what I like, I don't like what you like. But that's ok, we should all have it our way! It needs to be added back, please.....but I can always stay behind on this version, works fine for me. Thanks.
I only registered to say: please try to bring the old tabs back. I'll be honest, bad for bad I'll probably stay with Cent cause the added things when compared to Chrome are very useful to me (great job!), but the reason I moved was Chrome's last awful update that removed the option to go back to the old tabs. I could get used to the ugliness...maybe. But they also take more space and are so hard to differentiate. Installing themes tends to only help differentiate the active tab, but not the rest from one another. The options Chrome gives look all the same to me.

So please, please, try to give us the option back. if it was impossible, add another tab option that differentiates them better. I agree the problem is not the rounded part on top...but that they're too square at the bottom and on the sides.

Kinda unrelated question (well, still material design): Why is the new tab page in the last (beta) version still not looking like Chrome's new one (no matter what I choose on flags)? I did like the round icons/miniatures/whatever you call them for the sites I pin there! (I guess it'd be the same for most visited, etc) and I miss them here now!
(01-21-2019, 09:12 PM)Yani84 Wrote: I only registered to say: please try to bring the old tabs back. I'll be honest, bad for bad I'll probably stay with Cent cause the added things when compared to Chrome are very useful to me (great job!), but the reason I moved was Chrome's last awful update that removed the option to go back to the old tabs. I could get used to the ugliness...maybe. But they also take more space and are so hard to differentiate. Installing themes tends to only help differentiate the active tab, but not the rest from one another. The options Chrome gives look all the same to me.

So please, please, try to give us the option back. if it was impossible, add another tab option that differentiates them better. I agree the problem is not the rounded part on top...but that they're too square at the bottom and on the sides.

Kinda unrelated question (well, still material design): Why is the new tab page in the last (beta) version still not looking like Chrome's new one (no matter what I choose on flags)? I did like the round icons/miniatures/whatever you call them for the sites I pin there! (I guess it'd be the same for most visited, etc) and I miss them here now!

We may add another option to adjust tab bar height.
Please do! It wouldn't fix the problem of tabs being hard to differentiate, but a thinner tab bar would still be a welcomed improvement. (:
Thumbs Up 
(01-23-2019, 02:38 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: We may add another option to adjust tab bar height.

That would be perfect

and the rectangular shape is very nice [Image: thumbsup.png]
[Image: 2019-01-24_125509.1548316805.png]
Another user registering just to say, please try to bring the old tabs back if at all possible.
(01-30-2019, 10:44 PM)Rand Wrote: Another user registering just to say, please try to bring the old tabs back if at all possible.

We will try, but it may be very difficult.
You'd certainly win a LOT of users if you managed to bring the old tabs back (even as an option in flags like it was until last version). If not, like we said, please include an option to adjust tab bar height (kinda like Firefox has) where one is thinner like the old tabs (even if we can't get the shape back).
(01-31-2019, 08:12 PM)Yani84 Wrote: You'd certainly win a LOT of users if you managed to bring the old tabs back (even as an option in flags like it was until last version). If not, like we said, please include an option to adjust tab bar height (kinda like Firefox has) where one is thinner like the old tabs (even if we can't get the shape back).

just don't update to the newer version. I've whined enough about the newer look (it sucks).  Dodgy  I'd want back the trapazoid look as an option. The thinner tab, meh, not interested.

So until either Cent has an amazing new feature I'd want to use more than wanting trapazoids; or they can work around the chrome tab ugliness, I'll stay at 3.7.2.33
Well, it is what I'm doing for the moment. But ideally, I'd like being able to update. Also cause the last version with the old tabs also has the desktop-icons-refreshing glitch when you open it which is annoying in a slow computer and is fixed in the new version. :/ Thinner tabs is not the same as old tabs, but still better than the big ugly mess they turned them into, ugh.

Anyone knows why the new tab shorcuts aren't round in Cent even if you configure everything just like in Chrome? Is it on purpose? The round shortcuts is the ONLY thing I like about the new Chrome style. Tongue Not too important, but i'm curious.