Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Cent Browser 3.1.5.52(for Windows) Released
(02-03-2018, 07:06 AM)50cent Wrote: Just updated to 3.1.5.52 from 3.0.4.29 and open.spotify.com is broken. Won't play songs and the site says something in the backend broke. Reverted to 3.0.4.29 and it works again.

We will release 3.2 soon.
Please help us to test at that time.
https://www.centbrowser.com/forum/showth...70#pid8470
(02-02-2018, 05:38 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: Have you disabled DirectWrite?
We only changed Gamma value when DirectWrite disabled.
Can you post a screenshot to show what it displays like?

I use MacType with DirectWrite disabled. I have no intention to install this version just to post a screenshot.
However, the text looks slightly bolder and more pixelated so the letters touch each other slightly compared to the older version.
(01-19-2018, 06:32 AM)Storm Wrote: In fact, it looks too thin/light in early versions, so does Chrome. That effect is definitely not the fonts should be. It's easy to be proved  by a simple comparison with FireFox.

The font problem is very noticeable on Reddit. The text is cut off at the top. Check my screenshot. https://i.imgur.com/nVBw2fZ.png
(02-06-2018, 03:34 AM)MrFry Wrote: The font problem is very noticeable on Reddit. The text is cut off at the top. Check my screenshot. https://i.imgur.com/nVBw2fZ.png
It was the terrible Gamma value that made the text blurry, now clear and sharp in 3.1.5.52.

The cut-off problem is nothing related to SKia Gamma. Like @CentBrowser said, they will fix it in V3.2.

(02-05-2018, 02:39 PM)ufuksarp Wrote: I use MacType with DirectWrite disabled. I have no intention to install this version just to post a screenshot.
However, the text looks slightly bolder and more pixelated so the letters touch each other slightly compared to the older version.

Of course you shoud check your Mactype configuration first.

In fact,this Gamma changing is advised  by me, I kept using Mactype for over 10 years.

So, any question about Mactype, I can help you diagnostic the configuration ini.
(02-06-2018, 07:35 AM)Storm Wrote: Of course you shoud check your Mactype configuration first.

In fact,this Gamma changing is advised  by me, I kept using Mactype for over 10 years.

So, any question about Mactype, I can help you diagnostic the configuration ini.

I wonder what your text looks like. Of course there are differences between your hardware configuration and mine. Please do post screenshots from this thread, from Windows Explorer, and an article from Medium so I can compare it to my MacType configuration. Thanks.
(02-06-2018, 10:57 PM)ufuksarp Wrote: I wonder what your text looks like. Of course there are differences between your hardware configuration and mine. Please do post screenshots from this thread, from Windows Explorer, and an article from Medium so I can compare it to my MacType configuration. Thanks.

None business of hardware except monitor.  Mactype is not simply a fixed input/output system, configuration makes the effect varies.

[Image: OuPJdgx.png]
[Image: gO60HMR.png]
I also attached my configuration file if you want to take a look. It's greyscale antialiasing.

Attached Files
.zip   Sarp (Greyscale).zip (Size: 3.05 KB / Downloads: 477)
(02-07-2018, 03:01 PM)ufuksarp Wrote: [Image: OuPJdgx.png]
[Image: gO60HMR.png]
I also attached my configuration file if you want to take a look. It's greyscale antialiasing.

It's not greyscale, “AntiAliasMode=0” is greyscale (now=1 in your ini), if u r using a CRT monitor,try it.

U think it's too dark? I think it's just a little, after all, not the same monitor.

Try add this at the beginning of the ini, make it looks familiar to windows explorer.
Code:
[General@chrome.exe]
GammaValue=1
(02-08-2018, 01:53 AM)Storm Wrote: It's not greyscale, “AntiAliasMode=0” is greyscale (now=1 in your ini), if u r using a CRT monitor,try it.

U think it's too dark? I think it's just a little, after all, not the same monitor.

Try add this at the beginning of the ini, make it looks familiar to windows explorer.
Code:
[General@chrome.exe]
GammaValue=1

I will try to match it look as I have it right now when I install the new Cent version back again. I'll let you know about that.

Switching between AntiAliasMode=1 and AntiAliasMode=0 has no effect on my PC. I even checked colour values with a colour picker. I'm using a flat panel LCD by the way.

Thanks for the tip about setting the gamma values for specific applications. It's cool being able to do that like I do many font substitutions for many apps.

Also do you know why Chrome Developer Tools (F12) has different text render on its tabs ("Elements", "Console", "Sources", etc...) than other parts of Chrome? (Image below)

[Image: Ue8CGo9.png]