Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Cent Browser 3.1.5.52(for Windows) Released
Netflix issue has been solved. If you still run into error, please try clearing  cache and upgrading "Widevine Content Decryption Module" in chrome://components.

Release log:
https://www.centbrowser.com/history.html#3.1.5.52

32-bit installer       32-bit portable
64-bit installer       64-bit portable
Unfortunately, the problem of rendering incorrectly when you turn off DirectWrite is still there. I hope will be fixed in the next versions.
About the changelog... What does added command line parameter "--cb-peer-command" do?
(01-17-2018, 04:54 PM)sanitar2k Wrote: About the changelog... What does added command line parameter "--cb-peer-command" do?

This is used to launch and shutdown an application at the same time as the browser started and exited.
e.g.: I want to launch Putty automatically when the browser started, then I can add startup command line as following:
--cb-peer-command="\"D:\Program Files\putty.exe\" -ssh -2 -D 1080 -pw 123456 user@1.2.3.4"
(01-17-2018, 02:40 PM)Nikomo Wrote: Unfortunately, the problem of rendering incorrectly when you turn off DirectWrite is still there. I hope will be fixed in the next versions.

OK, we will try to investigate.
Yes, If DirectWrite is disabled, Cent 3.1 makes narrow between the lines of some texts.
For example: chrome://chrome-urls/ or http://static.centbrowser.com/

Reproduce steps:

1) Firstly, need disable to ClearType of Windows. This registry entries can be do it.

Code:
Reg.exe add "HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop" /v "FontSmoothing" /t REG_SZ /d "2" /f
Reg.exe add "HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop" /v "FontSmoothingType" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f
Reg.exe add "HKU\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop" /v "FontSmoothing" /t REG_SZ /d "2" /f
Reg.exe add "HKU\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop" /v "FontSmoothingType" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f

2) Log-off and Log-in the current user.
3) Run to Cent 3.1
4) Disable Direct-Write from chrome://flags
5) After re-run to Cent, review to that URLs. 

Off-topic: My  Facebook account not public, it's private and I don't login to Facebook because I only use messenger.com. "That's good enough for me." But...

If only logged into Messenger.com, web push-notifacations can't retieve from Messenger.com. (Yes, selected to " turn on desktop notifications"). 

If logged into Facebook.com, web push-notifacations can retieves from Facebook.com. 

I tried a few way for fix. No change. After, I examined the ServiceWorkers in DeveloperTools. The Messenger.com domain can't listed in here. Probability

a) Messenger.com can't support web-push-notifications for private-account.
b) There is a bug, a mistake in the personal account. 
c) This strangeness is only related to my personal account. I submit this issue to to Facebook. No response.

P.S.: I also tried another web browser. But they were also portable.
How to turn off "Enabled Site Isolation"?
(01-17-2018, 09:16 PM)mgoroshko Wrote: Why does Centbrowser never update itself? Its been like 5 versions & each time I have to download & install manually both portable & usual version. Very upset about this.  Undecided

ps where is «spoiler» button so I can hide attachment?

Heh don't feel bad, I'm still waiting for them to switch away from the shitty CDN they are currently using as 99% of the time the downloads end up being like 10+ hours long (like right now, can't even get the x64 version due to the CDN making the downloading speed only 1-7kb/s)..causing my update script for chocolatey to fail hard in the process as well as me just not being able to update in general.
(01-17-2018, 08:55 PM)Sofocl Wrote: How to turn off "Enabled Site Isolation"?

chrome://flags/#enable-site-per-process

Choose disabled
(01-18-2018, 05:55 AM)feise Wrote: chrome://flags/#enable-site-per-process

Choose disabled
"Site Isolation" works over this option.