Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Cent Browser 1.8.9.28(for Windows) Released
(03-22-2016, 05:30 PM)badablek Wrote: Hi CentBrowser team,

nice to see a new release, but some behavior was changed since the previous build, that is not great at all. Don't know if this comes from chromium or your fork,(EDIT : again, it comes from a stupid idea from google) but it is really a bad idea

I know this is some point of view (maybe I'm the only one th think this), but :

I'm using a lot "go to page up/Go to page down" mouse gestures. Until build 1.7.x, when using it, it was like pressing Home/End on the keyboard and it was instantly (this is the important part !). Since build 1.8.x, this is not instantly anymore, and I can't see the benefits to change this. It makes pages scroll fast (like keeping pushing page up/down) instead of going instantly to the beginning or the end of a page, and it gives headaches (really !)

please, I'm begging you, put the old behavior back !

EDIT : this shitty behavior is caused by the "new" stupid smooth scrolling that Google have activated by default (since Chromium 49). This was already in Chromium/Chrome since a long time, but it wasn't activated by default (that was nice, because they made shit with it). SmoothScrollerator is so much better than that !

Any chance to disable BY DEFAULT smooth scrolling (#disable-smooth-scrolling) ? Or maybe add a checkbox to disable it in options ?

Well, we will disable that feature by default in next version.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cent Browser 1.8.9.24(for Windows) Released - by Admin - 03-25-2016, 03:49 PM