Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Cent Browser 1.8.9.28(for Windows) Released
@CentBrowser team : I don't know if you already know this, but some recent (optionnal) updates in Windows 8.1 (x64) make Centbrowser (x64) not working (and probably Chrome/Chromium) ! I don't know exactly which one(s), but this is really unpleasant and hard to find the problem...

I made those lame updates yesterday, since then all builds I tried (1.7.6.15 and 1.8.9.24, portable/normal) can't browse the web. It does not load the default page, and not even CR option's page ! Only a blank page...Seriously, Microsoft did not find anything else to try to put IE11 in the front ?  Rolleyes

BTW, I didn't tried latest Chrome/Chromium builds (not interested), I just removed all the updates I made yesterday and everything is working again ! So I don't know if latest builds work with those updates.

ps : first, I thought it was this new build, so I tried to install an older one over it...but CR setup is really nasty and does not allow it. Worst, it doesn't tell us that an old build can't be installed over a new one ! I had to read CR log in temp folder to know it ("Higher version of Cent Browser is already installed."), then go to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\CentBrowser" to change the key "pv"

IMHO, setup should allow installing over a much recent build...or at least ask if we wan't to uninstall it before.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cent Browser 1.8.9.24(for Windows) Released - by badablek - 03-24-2016, 08:21 PM