Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Cent Browser 1.8.9.28(for Windows) Released
(03-21-2016, 05:18 PM)Steven Wrote: Me too Sad I've reloaded this page to be able to read/write messages.
When material design flag is active, extensions bar icons are very small, so it's unusable, just like in chrome. Maybe it's a bug... i know it's not officially released. But i really like the new look, hope to see it soon (april as i heard).
Thanks for the update ! Smile

Material design is still under development, it should be fully usable in Chromium 51/52.
(03-22-2016, 05:30 PM)badablek Wrote: Hi CentBrowser team,

nice to see a new release, but some behavior was changed since the previous build, that is not great at all. Don't know if this comes from chromium or your fork,(EDIT : again, it comes from a stupid idea from google) but it is really a bad idea

I know this is some point of view (maybe I'm the only one th think this), but :

I'm using a lot "go to page up/Go to page down" mouse gestures. Until build 1.7.x, when using it, it was like pressing Home/End on the keyboard and it was instantly (this is the important part !). Since build 1.8.x, this is not instantly anymore, and I can't see the benefits to change this. It makes pages scroll fast (like keeping pushing page up/down) instead of going instantly to the beginning or the end of a page, and it gives headaches (really !)

please, I'm begging you, put the old behavior back !

EDIT : this shitty behavior is caused by the "new" stupid smooth scrolling that Google have activated by default (since Chromium 49). This was already in Chromium/Chrome since a long time, but it wasn't activated by default (that was nice, because they made shit with it). SmoothScrollerator is so much better than that !

Any chance to disable BY DEFAULT smooth scrolling (#disable-smooth-scrolling) ? Or maybe add a checkbox to disable it in options ?

Well, we will disable that feature by default in next version.
(03-24-2016, 08:15 AM)reactor Wrote: v1.8.9.28 its not Chromium 49.0.2623.105

its Chromium 49.0.2623.102
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/49.0.2623.102 Safari/537.36

Forgot to change UA, we have rebuilt the installers.
(03-24-2016, 08:21 PM)badablek Wrote: @CentBrowser team : I don't know if you already know this, but some recent (optionnal) updates in Windows 8.1 (x64) make Centbrowser (x64) not working (and probably Chrome/Chromium) ! I don't know exactly which one(s), but this is really unpleasant and hard to find the problem...

I made those lame updates yesterday, since then all builds I tried (1.7.6.15 and 1.8.9.24, portable/normal) can't browse the web. It does not load the default page, and not even CR option's page ! Only a blank page...Seriously, Microsoft did not find anything else to try to put IE11 in the front ?  Rolleyes

BTW, I didn't tried latest Chrome/Chromium builds (not interested), I just removed all the updates I made yesterday and everything is working again ! So I don't know if latest builds work with those updates.

ps : first, I thought it was this new build, so I tried to install an older one over it...but CR setup is really nasty and does not allow it. Worst, it doesn't tell us that an old build can't be installed over a new one ! I had to read CR log in temp folder to know it ("Higher version of Cent Browser is already installed."), then go to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\CentBrowser" to change the key "pv"

IMHO, setup should allow installing over a much recent build...or at least ask if we wan't to uninstall it before.

Sorry but we should post an introduction about how to install old version over new one. The trick is "DELETE registry item HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\CentBrowser".And you have got it already. Biggrin
And what you encountered in version 1.8.9.24 may be a bug, you can try 1.8.9.28.It should be fixed.
(NPAPI completely disabled in version 1.8.9.28)
(03-25-2016, 12:43 AM)NotWindbag Wrote: 1. In version 1.8.9.28 Local plugins should work?
2. "Single renderer process" now only for Extensions? What is reason this change?

NPAPI is completely disabled in 1.8.9.28 because of a lot of compatibility issues.(crash, lagging., etc)
We changed "Single renderer process" to "Single extension process" because Chromium have a command line to do it.
And it is more flexible than us.You can add following command line to chrome.exe(not the "Startup command line" option in the settings page):
--renderer-process-limit=1
(03-25-2016, 03:50 PM)CentBrowser Wrote:
(03-24-2016, 08:15 AM)reactor Wrote: v1.8.9.28 its not Chromium 49.0.2623.105

its Chromium 49.0.2623.102
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/49.0.2623.102 Safari/537.36

Forgot to change UA, we have rebuilt the installers.

Hey Boss, thanks for this great browser!
Stable Channel Update 49.0.2623.110
I'm facing a problem in v1.8.9.28 only in incognito mode. Often it shows dns probe error or simply it thinks there is no internet. this problem happens frequently in incognito mode, but i've not found it in normal mode. also other browser works just fine!! any guess??
(04-10-2016, 09:44 AM)jhnsmith08 Wrote: I'm facing a problem in v1.8.9.28 only in incognito mode. Often it shows dns probe error or simply it thinks there is no internet. this problem happens frequently in incognito mode, but i've not found it in normal mode. also other browser works just fine!! any guess??

i have the same problem
(04-10-2016, 06:52 PM)reactor Wrote:
(04-10-2016, 09:44 AM)jhnsmith08 Wrote: I'm facing a problem in v1.8.9.28 only in incognito mode. Often it shows dns probe error or simply it thinks there is no internet. this problem happens frequently in incognito mode, but i've not found it in normal mode. also other browser works just fine!! any guess??

i have the same problem

Does this error occur in multi-login tab or incognito window?
And you can make a screenshot as the attachment does(to record the timing of network request) with developer tool.