Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Cent Browser 1.8.9.28(for Windows) Released
(03-21-2016, 07:32 AM)CentBrowser Wrote:
(03-21-2016, 06:22 AM)jollyD Wrote: Here are the screenshot images with undistinguishable checkboxes:
uBlockuMatrixViolent Monkey w/c are my currently installed extensions that have checkboxes.

Also thanks for the new -cb switches info.

I see those check-boxes are displaying normally.
Do you mean they are not horizontally aligned with the following text?

I'll try making a new profile then reinstall these extensions to check, I'll post an update.

EDIT: Wasn't able to enter forums so I wasn't able to post till now but making a new profile fixed the problem...
I can't access the forum

Resource Limit Is Reached
The website is temporarily unable to service your request as it exceeded resource limit. Please try again later.
(03-21-2016, 09:45 AM)reactor Wrote: I can't access the forum

The website is temporarily unable to service your request as it exceeded resource limit. Please try again later.

Me too Sad I've reloaded this page to be able to read/write messages.
When material design flag is active, extensions bar icons are very small, so it's unusable, just like in chrome. Maybe it's a bug... i know it's not officially released. But i really like the new look, hope to see it soon (april as i heard).
Thanks for the update ! Smile
Oh, no!
NPAPI plugins are not working...
Many useful changes in this version, but apparently I have to stay forever on version 1.6.10.21 Sad
Hi CentBrowser team,

nice to see a new release, but some behavior was changed since the previous build, that is not great at all. Don't know if this comes from chromium or your fork,(EDIT : again, it comes from a stupid idea from google) but it is really a bad idea

I know this is some point of view (maybe I'm the only one th think this), but :

I'm using a lot "go to page up/Go to page down" mouse gestures. Until build 1.7.x, when using it, it was like pressing Home/End on the keyboard and it was instantly (this is the important part !). Since build 1.8.x, this is not instantly anymore, and I can't see the benefits to change this. It makes pages scroll fast (like keeping pushing page up/down) instead of going instantly to the beginning or the end of a page, and it gives headaches (really !)

please, I'm begging you, put the old behavior back !

EDIT : this shitty behavior is caused by the "new" stupid smooth scrolling that Google have activated by default (since Chromium 49). This was already in Chromium/Chrome since a long time, but it wasn't activated by default (that was nice, because they made shit with it). SmoothScrollerator is so much better than that !

Any chance to disable BY DEFAULT smooth scrolling (#disable-smooth-scrolling) ? Or maybe add a checkbox to disable it in options ?
v1.8.9.28 its not Chromium 49.0.2623.105

its Chromium 49.0.2623.102
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/49.0.2623.102 Safari/537.36
@CentBrowser team : I don't know if you already know this, but some recent (optionnal) updates in Windows 8.1 (x64) make Centbrowser (x64) not working (and probably Chrome/Chromium) ! I don't know exactly which one(s), but this is really unpleasant and hard to find the problem...

I made those lame updates yesterday, since then all builds I tried (1.7.6.15 and 1.8.9.24, portable/normal) can't browse the web. It does not load the default page, and not even CR option's page ! Only a blank page...Seriously, Microsoft did not find anything else to try to put IE11 in the front ?  Rolleyes

BTW, I didn't tried latest Chrome/Chromium builds (not interested), I just removed all the updates I made yesterday and everything is working again ! So I don't know if latest builds work with those updates.

ps : first, I thought it was this new build, so I tried to install an older one over it...but CR setup is really nasty and does not allow it. Worst, it doesn't tell us that an old build can't be installed over a new one ! I had to read CR log in temp folder to know it ("Higher version of Cent Browser is already installed."), then go to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\CentBrowser" to change the key "pv"

IMHO, setup should allow installing over a much recent build...or at least ask if we wan't to uninstall it before.
Stable Channel Update 49.0.2623.108
Thanks for update! There are a couple of issues.
(03-21-2016, 02:05 AM)CentBrowser Wrote: ... Those NPAPI plugins working locally are still alive ...

1. In version 1.8.9.28 Local plugins should work?
2. "Single renderer process" now only for Extensions? What is reason this change?
(03-21-2016, 09:45 AM)reactor Wrote: I can't access the forum

Now we have separated our update server and forum server, so the forum will not be busy any more.