Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ublock origins not fully compatible since its latest update
Hello Centbrowser team,

Hope you're doing well.

I'd like to expose a new problem with Centbrowser. Since some days, I had really strange behavior with ads, particulary on twitter and mgnet.com. In fact, I noticed this some days ago, when ublock origins was updated on april 18. My guess is that some changes are (sadly) only compatibles with an updated Chromium core OR maybe centbrowser have problems with these changes.

my setup : 
  • Centbrowser x64 5.0.1002.295 (installed) + ublock origin 1.49.0 + antiadblock killer 10.0 + all good filters (the ones coming natively with the extension + antiadblock killer one)
  • catsxp + exactly the same setup

twitter :
  • CB → ads are not filtered. one ad every three messages  Sick (people using this without adblockers are crazy, seriously !)
  • catsxp → no problem, all ads are filtered

mgnet.com :
  • CB → a lot of scam, aggressive ads, etc.
  • catsxp → no problem !

(These are only some examples...)

The only way I found to avoid this : using (temporary) another adblocker (Adguard Adblocker), but it's not as great/useful as uBlock Origin, so I really hope a new revision will come, free of this bug  Tongue

ps : this thread is not intended to ask you when a new revision will come...but to inform you about this bug so it can (hopefully) be resolved before a new release.
can't reproduce problem
thanks for testing on your side @QZMTCH Smile . I tried again with the portable version and can't reproduce it too...exactly with the same setup (at least the same extensions/filters to block ads).

So, I made something I should have done before posting...on my installed revision, I fully removed uBlock Origin, then add it back again...and everything seems to work, so far.
Maybe something went wrong when the extension was automatically updated ? Or some old cache that was not purged...

I'm happy to retrieve uBlock Origin, back and kicking  Cool
Thanks for feedback and testing.
It should be caused by the extension's cache.
I'm facing the exact same bug again...I didn't do anything fancy.
And I'm not the only one : https://www.centbrowser.net/en/showthrea...8#pid22078

So, again, uBlock Origins is NOT applying my filters like it should. Same setup on Catsxp → no problem.
the only thing I made : I was using command-line at startup to fake my user agent :

--user-agent="Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/112.0.4495.0 Safari/537.36"

I have disabled it...and uBlock Origin is lost again...on centbrowser only.

CB (shorts, first video is an ad)

CatsXP (no shorts, no ad)

CB (one ad every 3 tweets !)

CatsXP (no ads)

Does tweaking user agent make this kind of (not so) funny bug ?
(05-07-2023, 06:51 PM)badablek Wrote: I'm facing the exact same bug again...I didn't do anything fancy.
And I'm not the only one : https://www.centbrowser.net/en/showthrea...8#pid22078

So, again, uBlock Origins is NOT applying my filters like it should. Same setup on Catsxp → no problem.
the only thing I made : I was using command-line at startup to fake my user agent :

--user-agent="Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/112.0.4495.0 Safari/537.36"

I have disabled it...and uBlock Origin is lost again...on centbrowser only.

CB (shorts, first video is an ad)

CatsXP (no shorts, no ad)

CB (one ad every 3 tweets !)

CatsXP (no ads)

Does tweaking user agent make this kind of (not so) funny bug ?
As far as I know, tweaking User Agent is unlikely to cause this kind of bugs.
It should be related to Chromium version.
thanks for your answer.

I will wait for the next revision  Wink