Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Wikipedia Page Project
It is good to read that you and your team are still in the game, in a manner of wording it. I mean, I get the idea that at a certain age there is less time to do things other than simply work for another company so as to earn basic salary to pay for living expenses. That is one big reason a lot of good projects die on the vine, using another strange style of wording.

As for your question about programming, I have had the experience of spending ten minutes of writing a code and then spending another couple of hours trying to figure out why my code didn't work. I know about debugging, and know it is an art in itself, in one way to put it. But that was many years ago and my academic studies even further back were centered around aeronautical engineering before I had to go off to active duty and fly choppers, which derailed all plans I had in the field of aeronautics.

So to answer your question, I have no formal degree in writing code, but since those days many years ago I did study and write in some languages, but I would say that my skills no longer match the skills of many folks these days. That rather long answer more or less means I understand programming, have done some, but shouldn't be stating I am a professional in that skill set. In fact, I am fully aware of the very real problem that what was code valid ten years ago may no longer be code valid now, so that is why I should answer 'no' I am not a programmer.

My primary skills these days center around managerial skills. That would be where I would be of most benefit in this project. I can get things done. I can get humans to see the bigger picture and then go for what they might have thought wasn't possible. Or didn't even know was possible. I am good at troubleshooting. At thinking outside the box. I'm also a wordsmith and that is a skill which seems to be disappearing in the last few decades, but can be of great value in advertising.

On top of all that I'm an old man, and that is a skill which is a field not even recognized by any union, yet. You'd be surprised what old folks can teach younger folks. Especially an old man that has gone from about the IBM1620 to the present day Android - Iphone world of technology.

On the other hand, I do understand the value of debuggers, and there are now some excellent debuggers available to us. And that sort of qualified 'no' means that I might be familiar with something like marketing-qualified lead or MQL and so can make decisions based upon certain programs/codes.

And this answer is getting way too long. Sorry about that. But this is a communications platform, yes? And maybe we can draw in some others in this online community that can help in this endeavor. Sometimes long answers do have benefits. Of course, long answers are also easy to hide behind, making it harder to find sincerity.

By the way, you can see in your site control panel that I am using an older browser to access this online community and not your own browser. It is only a matter of convenience and not meant to signal distrust of your software. Just in case you wondered why. This browser you see I'm using is the default browser on this unit. I actually use five different units at a couple of work stations in about a 30km range of locations. I think all access to this site has so far been from only this work station. Not sure if you were wondering about that, but now you know; just in case.
[ [ [ [ [ [ When you view that Milky Way avatar do you still feel important? ] ] ] ] ]

Messages In This Thread
A Wikipedia Page Project - by Kleen - 03-10-2023, 02:23 PM
RE: A Wikipedia Page Project - by Admin - 03-13-2023, 02:39 PM
RE: A Wikipedia Page Project - by Kleen - 03-14-2023, 02:05 PM
RE: A Wikipedia Page Project - by Admin - 03-14-2023, 04:50 PM
RE: A Wikipedia Page Project - by Kleen - 03-14-2023, 11:18 PM
RE: A Wikipedia Page Project - by Admin - 03-16-2023, 04:32 PM
RE: A Wikipedia Page Project - by Kleen - 03-20-2023, 11:19 PM
RE: A Wikipedia Page Project - by Kleen - 04-22-2023, 03:33 AM