Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
STABLE version -- 5.0.1002.354
(02-21-2023, 07:08 AM)patrickdrd Wrote: and btw there's a chromium port to windows 7/8.1 here:
https://msfn.org/board/topic/184445-chro...-backport/
I will keep an eye on it.
Hope it will be useful.
Thanks for that!
(01-15-2023, 04:46 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: If the Flash page isn't written with Action Script 3, you may try the extension Ruffle.
Thanks for the answer. I tried Ruffle. But It doesn't work in my case. This is a fat & heavy MMO\MOBA game.
(02-22-2023, 10:45 PM)dascratch Wrote: Thanks for the answer. I tried Ruffle. But It doesn't work in my case. This is a fat & heavy MMO\MOBA game.
You may try IE TAB plus ActiveX flash player.
It should work.
(02-25-2023, 12:42 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: You may try IE TAB plus ActiveX flash player.
It should work.
Nope. IE TAB broke this site.
I haven't used cent browser for a while to get the latest versions of google. I'm trying to get back to it now. Are the updates coming more regularly now? This browser is really cool. I even use it instead of Vivaldi.
Thank you so much for updating my best browser.

It is not important to support older operating systems such as Windows 7/8.1, which is no longer supported by Microsoft.
It is more important to increase the version of chromium.
(02-27-2023, 05:03 AM)ShipFhit Wrote: Thank you so much for updating my best browser.

It is not important to support older operating systems such as Windows 7/8.1, which is no longer supported by Microsoft.

stop saying what should be important or not. I don't want to be rude, but Earth is not rotating around your belly button.
Windows 7/8 is still used by a lot of people who don't care about windows 10/11. And the fact that Microsoft no longer supports those OS is NOT a good reason to stop its support on Centbrowser.

People are already recompiling chromium, without a lot of efforts and headaches it seems, and CB team can use what has be done to keep Windows 7/8 support. Don't forget that Chromium/Chrome/Google doesn't want to keep Win7/8 by CHOICE, not because it's necessary.

And you won't have quicker updates without this.

It is more important to increase the version of chromium. → NO, it's not. Thinking that having the latest chromium makes it safer is totally wrong. Stop that paranoïa, you're playing Google's game by doing that.
(BTW I'm not saying we should stay on old chromium engine. I know that a lot of extensions/websites want an updated browser. I'm just saying there is no need to rush).

Having a browser highly configurable is, at the same time, its force (because everybody can adjust it to its own needs) and its weakness (because it takes time to update the engine).
We have to deal with it.
(02-26-2023, 04:30 PM)hasantr Wrote: I haven't used cent browser for a while to get the latest versions of google. I'm trying to get back to it now. Are the updates coming more regularly now? This browser is really cool. I even use it instead of Vivaldi.
Yes, will update more regularly.
(02-27-2023, 05:03 AM)ShipFhit Wrote: Thank you so much for updating my best browser.

Depends on trend.
For now more than 10% users are still using Windows 7/8.1, this is not a small percentage.
(02-25-2023, 09:55 PM)dascratch Wrote: Nope. IE TAB broke this site.
Yu may try changing "IE Compatibility Mode" in IE TAB options.