Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
BETA version -- 5.0.1002.182
(09-01-2022, 03:18 PM)cecb Wrote: First thanks for this new release. Even to be beta it's is working good without big issues. I can feel speed/lightweight vs Firefox 104.

Now some question and suggestion:

Question: How about Cent code license? Time ago was "no license", sources are not available, so private code from Chromium BSD? Most files from Chromium are BSD license, but a few are LGPL/GPL/MPL too.

Suggestion: If possible configure "see video on popup window" to keep aspect ratio because free resize cause loss video.

Keep like until today: fast, customizable and zip/portable options. Bookmarks button + multicolumn is the best.

Regards.
Yes, it is private code from Chromium.
Can you list the modules that uses LGPL/GPL/MPL?
keeping aspect of video popup window is reasonable, we will consider making this change.
(09-02-2022, 01:02 AM)coldby Wrote: im still seeing the old tab list menu instead of the new one with search function from chrome. is this intentional ?
Yes, we didn't use Chrome tab list.
Because it is too short, can't show many items.
If user opens only 10-20 tabs, they may not need the tab list.
(09-05-2022, 04:48 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: Yes, we didn't use Chrome tab list.
Because it is too short, can't show many items.
If user opens only 10-20 tabs, they may not need the tab list.
is it possible to add similar search function ? or maybe a switch to flip between 2 types of tab list ?
(09-05-2022, 04:45 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: Yes, it is private code from Chromium.
Can you list the modules that uses LGPL/GPL/MPL?
keeping aspect of video popup window is reasonable, we will consider making this change.

Oks.

I think it would be little long, even there are discussion inside authors, examples Blink parts, speechd, xz, webkit java, npr, scr/net files... It depends on as Cent is builded too, so it's dificult. Well license doubt was resolved, not problem.

Thanks Smile
Good afternoon, when will the last beta be updated with bug fixes? When will it be stable?
Hello, I'm using the beta version of the Cent Browser. I am currently using EVKey (Vietnamese typing aid) and setting the conversion between English and Vietnamese typing to Alt + Z. However, this happens if I'm turning on two tabs, which is that the browser will automatically switch to the next tab. Can you fix this error? Thank you.
(09-08-2022, 03:11 PM)prpjzz Wrote: Hello, I'm using the beta version of the Cent Browser. I am currently using EVKey (Vietnamese typing aid) and setting the conversion between English and Vietnamese typing to Alt + Z. However, this happens if I'm turning on two tabs, which is that the browser will automatically switch to the next tab. Can you fix this error? Thank you.
Go to Settings > Advanced > Shortcut keys > Manage shortcut keys and disable or change the shortcut for "Switch to last visited tab".
Hope that helps!
Regards!
(09-08-2022, 03:46 PM)LuckyJim Wrote: Go to Settings > Advanced > Shortcut keys > Manage shortcut keys and disable or change the shortcut for "Switch to last visited tab".
Hope that helps!
Regards!
Thank you so much. I fixed it.
Heart 
(09-05-2022, 04:45 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: keeping aspect of video popup window is reasonable, we will consider making this change.

Please don't do it Smile Your Popup window is the best. i tried many of them.
Sometimes videos have black borders and so we can change aspect size.
There are some "popup window" extensions with function "keeping aspect", but most of them are not usable.
There are only 1-2 extensions which i kind of liked, which can work with many websites, but they not always can properly keep "aspect ratio" and delete black borders.
Your Popup window is the best   Blush  and work with almost all websites. Please don't do "keep aspect".
__
I love your popup window and multilogin tabs. the only one thing i noticed in beta version with multilogin tabs is.
When multilogin tab is opened and i create new tab next to the right, she become also multilogin tab. 

[Image: 563eaa31188fc227dc3f3c08ab758fe9.jpg]

Would you please do as it was in previous versions? 

I understand why it can be useful, but, personally, i don't like it)
It would be great, if you can keep function "Open links from multilogin tab, also in multilogin tab",
[Image: 3227a26d24a5e983868923b6966533df.jpg]

but when we open new tab next to the right of multilogin tab, 
please, she should be "non multilogin tab". I'm sorry for my english language )

[Image: 3ee5403005f73cc6526ae28e9cfc9432.jpg]

It's only a wish, Thank you for all great work Smile
Thank you so much for update  Heart
saving the aspect of the recovering video window.it is better to implement this as a separate option in the settings. and unfortunately the unpinned video window does not work correctly on some sites, it unpins the entire page completely, not just the video.and even in the old releases cent was able to unpin the video with its full functionality as it was on the site ( select the series, select the audio ...)still would like to see a pop-up menu copy ,search when selecting text