Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
BETA version -- 5.0.1002.182
(08-04-2022, 03:17 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: Release log:
Upgraded to Chromium 102.0.5005.167
Refactored new tab page and settings page
Refactored the multi-login tab (support persistence)
Refactored video download feature
Added blur tool to screenshot.exe
Added feature: reload unpacked extension
Allowed editing save path directly in download dialog
Screenshot shortcuts are registered as global hotkeys
Multi-column bookmarks are modified to full screen scrolling
Optimized custom.css injection logic
[Bug fixes]Video popup window may appear outside of the screen
[Bug fixes]May crash when closing App windows
[Bug fixes]Temporary files may not be removed after installer exited

Location: https://static.centbrowser.com/win_beta/5.0.1002.182/

Dear Centbrowser Admin,
Please put back the feature or create an option for anonymous or no save data in the "new multilogin tab." In the old version, when I Ctrl + M, centsbrowser will create every new tab, and no data saved and close tab data will be deleted.
But now, when I delete the tab, it still saves data. It is inconvenient for other people familiar with the old Centbrowser and me.

Thank you so much for your hard work creating the best browser.
Hi @CentBrowser

new beta (v5) has a strange behavior with downloads (I don't remember this in the old v4 versions) :

when I choose "Open" instead of "Download", Centbrowser use the temp folder for downloading and opening the file (which is actually what I want, I have activated the option to use the temp folder for "open", so this is intended). BUT, by using "Open", Centbrowser automatically overwrites the DEFAULT download folder to the temp folder. So next time I want to "Download" a file, I have to manually choose the download folder.

As "Open" is supposed to be a temporary option, Centbrowser should not mix Open and Download Folder. Open should use temp folder (if defined in options) and Download should use default download folder.
My setup is like :

temporary folder : Z:\temp
download folder : E:\Telechargements

"Open" should always use Z:\temp (which is already the case and is great)
"Download" should always use E:\Telechargements or at least, the lastest folder I used for download (which is NOT the case if I used "Open" just before and this is bad)

can you please fix this behavior for the next version ?

and, IMHO, the temp folder should NEVER be saved in the list of the download folders (except if the user specifically chooses it as a download folder, of course ! but this would be really stupid Rolleyes )

(08-11-2022, 07:00 PM)Nureke Wrote: Developers of the cent browser, please make a vertical tab like an edge browser.
Alt+X command has similar effect.
(08-11-2022, 09:06 PM)Spuner Wrote: CentBrowser, why sites opened in incognito tab are registered in the history? Previously (in 4.3.9.248 version) this was not the case.
Multilogin tab was refactored to behave like this.
Using incognito tab in earlier versions is temporary solution.
(08-15-2022, 09:42 AM)badablek Wrote: Hi @CentBrowser

new beta (v5) has a strange behavior with downloads (I don't remember this in the old v4 versions) :

when I choose "Open" instead of "Download", Centbrowser use the temp folder for downloading and opening the file (which is actually what I want, I have activated the option to use the temp folder for "open", so this is intended). BUT, by using "Open", Centbrowser automatically overwrites the DEFAULT download folder to the temp folder. So next time I want to "Download" a file, I have to manually choose the download folder.

As "Open" is supposed to be a temporary option, Centbrowser should not mix Open and Download Folder. Open should use temp folder (if defined in options) and Download should use default download folder.
My setup is like :

temporary folder : Z:\temp
download folder : E:\Telechargements

"Open" should always use Z:\temp (which is already the case and is great)
"Download" should always use E:\Telechargements or at least, the lastest folder I used for download (which is NOT the case if I used "Open" just before and this is bad)

can you please fix this behavior for the next version ?

and, IMHO, the temp folder should NEVER be saved in the list of the download folders (except if the user specifically chooses it as a download folder, of course ! but this would be really stupid Rolleyes )
Thanks for testing.
We will fix this in the next version.
CentBrowser
Hello. Thanks for the new release. I found a problem with the settings of a built -in pages translator right on our forum and on this page:
https://www.centbrowser.net/en/forumdisplay.php?fid=22
By default, the pages of the forum are selected English, and accordingly, only English is translated. But if there is another language, in addition to English, for example, Chinese, then it is not translated. And in order to translate both English and Chinese, you need to set the original language to the auto-determination mode. I think it is necessary to put the choice of the language on the auto-determination by default, so that all text in all languages is translated, as is done in the original chromium.

Is it possible to fix this?
It worked fine in the old version btw.
Dear Centbrowser Admin,

Thank you for bringing back our favorite browser.
I would like to report that multicolumn bookmarks work fine in win10, but in win11 there is only one column shown and the next bookmarks columns show by scrolling the mouse wheel, as next/prev page within the same column. I hope this can be fixed.

Best Regards, and thank you for reviving Cent Browser!
Please make icons for search engines in the context menu like on other browsers
(08-13-2022, 07:26 PM)movemo Wrote: hi, what you think about adding beta to the main cent  front webpage? so everyone can test
Different from Chrome, we have only one release channel.
So we need to be more careful.
Beta version may cause problem for average users.