Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Popup View for Google™ Translate - unable to install
Hi there,

I'm trying to install a Chrome extension called Popup View for Google™ Translate (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detai...aagl?hl=en). However, the download button on the site says 'Not Supported' because my browser's version is lower than 88. This is weird because I'm running the latest version of Cent browser - 4.3.9.248 (Chromium 86.0.4240.198). How do I bypass this restriction? 

P.S. Please, don't tell me 'you can't' or 'use Chrome instead'. I need a fix for my problem like editing the extension itself or tweaking Cent browser settings. Thank you.
(01-03-2022, 11:43 AM)Gizmonoid Wrote: Hi there,

I'm trying to install a Chrome extension called Popup View for Google™ Translate (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detai...aagl?hl=en). However, the download button on the site says 'Not Supported' because my browser's version is lower than 88. This is weird because I'm running the latest version of Cent browser - 4.3.9.248 (Chromium 86.0.4240.198). How do I bypass this restriction? 

P.S. Please, don't tell me 'you can't' or 'use Chrome instead'. I need a fix for my problem like editing the extension itself or tweaking Cent browser settings. Thank you.

Launch the browser with the command line keys, this is to replace the version for the store: --user-agent="Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/91.0.4472.164 Safari/537.36 Edg/91.0.864.71"
(01-03-2022, 01:08 PM)Drevnee_Zlo Wrote: Launch the browser with the command line keys, this is to replace the version for the store: --user-agent="Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/91.0.4472.164 Safari/537.36 Edg/91.0.864.71"

Thank you for the answer. Could you please elaborate on that? I'm not familiar with the command line keys, unfortunately. In layman's terms, how do I do that?
(01-03-2022, 01:28 PM)Gizmonoid Wrote: Thank you for the answer. Could you please elaborate on that? I'm not familiar with the command line keys, unfortunately. In layman terms, how do I do that?
 Settings-other-check the box and enter this code
[Image: v1VdWKO.png]
Photo 
Thanks for the pic. However, it didn't work as intended:

[Image: ME6340N_t.png]

[Image: ME6347C_t.png]

What do I do to make it work?
Apparently, you will have to wait for the browser update, many things are already incompatible
Got ya. Thanks for trying to help me. We'll be in touch Smile
It reminded me of the Android situation. Now I'll come to buy a fresh browser, ahahaha )))
You need to change the "minimum_chrome_version" value in the extension's manifest.json.

Download the extension in Google Chrome first, then load it manually in Cent.