Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.71 Average
STABLE version -- 4.3.9.248
After a while testing all browsers such as vivaldi, slimjet, catsxp, maxthon. I have found a Korean browser that is very fast and has many features similar to cents that is Whale naver browser. Try and feel
(04-29-2022, 05:57 AM)tencoroi12 Wrote: After a while testing all browsers such as vivaldi, slimjet, catsxp, maxthon. I have found a Korean browser that is very fast and has many features similar to cents that is Whale naver browser. Try and feel
I just tried and, sorry but no.
Too much Korean built-in and not so many features like cent
It's a cute browser I liked the "phone tab" option and the sidebar with apps is cool
Is it hard work to update Cent the latest Chrome build?
(05-04-2022, 08:30 AM)Juujika Wrote: Is it hard work to update Cent the latest Chrome build?
I can't say since I'm not the author, but there are multiple alternate browsers with features very close to cent that update all the time. I use catsxp, it's almost identical to cent...I'm on chrome version 101.0.4951.52 with the latest.

So I'd guess it is not that hard. It may be that cent uses something that gets broke after the verion they stopped on....or the author was just tired of it, employed, family...who knows? Don't know why he couldn't communicate...but that must be his answer!
I think I need a portable browser (chrome/chromium) with chrome sync AND portable passwords,
(in cent passwords aren't portable, they need to be synced),
is there any such browser?
(05-05-2022, 09:10 AM)patrickdrd Wrote: I think I need a portable browser (chrome/chromium) with chrome sync AND portable passwords,
(in cent passwords aren't portable, they need to be synced),
is there any such browser?
Slimjet
really? I'll test it, I'll save a password , copy the installation to another pc and see if it works, thanks
But...portable Cent has always kept passwords for me, never had to sync them or re save them when I took it to a different computer.

So far, Catsxp is the closest to Cent now that they have a portable version (I wish it could be updated normally though). But I'd already been using Vivaldi and I honestly like it a lot. The only thing I really miss is the multilogin tabs. I wish all browsers had either that, or something like Firefox's Multi-Account Containers (self made optional extension).
(05-08-2022, 10:03 PM)Yani84 Wrote: But...portable Cent has always kept passwords for me, never had to sync them or re save them when I took it to a different computer.

yes, you're right, I just copied "Login Data" to the 2nd pc and they worked,
strange, I remember having problems with them last time I synced the whole cent installation,
I'll check again next time this happens

edit: found it, I was excluding this file for some reason,
maybe it was creating problems, I'm gonna include it again now that sync isn't working on the target pc,
thanks
(05-09-2022, 10:40 AM)patrickdrd Wrote: yes, you're right, I just copied "Login Data" to the 2nd pc and they worked,
strange, I remember having problems with them last time I synced the whole cent installation,
I'll check again next time this happens

edit: found it, I was excluding this file for some reason,
maybe it was creating problems, I'm gonna include it again now that sync isn't working on the target pc,
thanks
you can also manually export the sites/passwords and then import to another PC. I've done it with Catsxp many times....i don't trust gurrgle anything.