Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cent Browser 1.5.13.33(for Windows) Released
(01-07-2016, 04:48 PM)CentBrowser Wrote:
(01-07-2016, 12:14 PM)jack Wrote: [Image: photo.jpg]

No much problem, but too much work in this version.

I wrote to those who can not wait. Take your time Smile
(01-08-2016, 10:01 AM)reactor Wrote:
(01-08-2016, 02:50 AM)jhnsmith08 Wrote: No need to rush. Update when you feel it's ready. Also i think it's better to release a week later than releasing early and pushing a bug fixing release next week Smile
Keep up the good work (y) Cent is Best...

no, need to quick update

@reactor, do you really think your computer will burn if you're not using the latest chromium build ? come on, sit down and WAIT (or use chromium instead, without all the great features of CB).
You are playing google's game, which tries to make us think that we are in danger if we are not using the latest chrome/chromium engine (NOT TRUE AT ALL) !

Rushing things will only lead to bugs, bad behavior, instability and all kind of stupid sh*t. Making good software TAKES TIME, deal with it (or make your own).

@centbrowser team : I know CentBrowser is the priority, but it should also be nice to fix your forum, full of spam...it seems you're not using the latest MyBB forum, or you don't have put as many captcha as needed to avoid those stupid bots.
@badablek, Chrome 47 includes 41 security fixes.

Critical CVE-2015-6765: Use-after-free in AppCache. Credit to anonymous.
High CVE-2015-6766: Use-after-free in AppCache. Credit to anonymous.
High CVE-2015-6767: Use-after-free in AppCache. Credit to anonymous.
High CVE-2015-6768: Cross-origin bypass in DOM. Credit to Mariusz Mlynski.
High CVE-2015-6769: Cross-origin bypass in core. Credit to Mariusz Mlynski.
High CVE-2015-6770: Cross-origin bypass in DOM. Credit to Mariusz Mlynski.
High CVE-2015-6771: Out of bounds access in v8. Credit to anonymous.
High CVE-2015-6772: Cross-origin bypass in DOM. Credit to Mariusz Mlynski.
High CVE-2015-6764: Out of bounds access in v8. Credit to Guang Gong of Qihoo 360 via pwn2own.
High CVE-2015-6773: Out of bounds access in Skia. Credit to cloudfuzzer.
High CVE-2015-6774: Use-after-free in Extensions. Credit to anonymous.
High CVE-2015-6775: Type confusion in PDFium. Credit to Atte Kettunen of OUSPG.
High CVE-2015-6776: Out of bounds access in PDFium. Credit to Hanno Böck.
High CVE-2015-6777: Use-after-free in DOM. Credit to Long Liu of Qihoo 360Vulcan

Security not important for you ?
http://www.wired.com/2015/07/hacking-tea...ales-work/
(01-08-2016, 01:40 PM)badablek Wrote: @reactor, do you really think your computer will burn if you're not using the latest chromium build ? come on, sit down and WAIT (or use chromium instead, without all the great features of CB).
You are playing google's game, which tries to make us think that we are in danger if we are not using the latest chrome/chromium engine (NOT TRUE AT ALL) !

Rushing things will only lead to bugs, bad behavior, instability and all kind of stupid sh*t. Making good software TAKES TIME, deal with it (or make your own).

@centbrowser team : I know CentBrowser is the priority, but it should also be nice to fix your forum, full of spam...it seems you're not using the latest MyBB forum, or you don't have put as many captcha as needed to avoid those stupid bots.

No, they are not bots.They are real men.That is why it is hard to deal with.
@reactor

security is important (never said it isn't), paranoïa is not...

stop thinking that you are under cover because you're using the latest chromium engine
stop thinking that you're under fire because you're not using the latest chromium engine

you are using an OS that is full of vulnerabilities, sometimes already used by hackers (0-day) and NOT even patched by Microsoft. Even on Linux with an updated browser, you are NOT SAFE. Look at Windows 10, Microsoft rushed to launch this crapware, with its million bugs...and look how they are pathetically trying to fix those holes (200 000 millions users exposed, hackers are so happy)

you really think that hackers do care about you ? or me ? come on...

you can't make good software by rushing its updates ! And I'm glad to see that CB team takes its time to make things CORRECTLY. Nothing else to say. If you can't live with that, you should use chromium instead. Or even better, go to any anti-atomic bunker and disconnect from internet...because you will never be safe online !
(01-08-2016, 04:10 PM)badablek Wrote: @reactor

security is important (never said it isn't), paranoïa is not...

stop thinking that you are under cover because you're using the latest chromium engine
stop thinking that you're under fire because you're not using the latest chromium engine

you are using an OS that is full of vulnerabilities, sometimes already used by hackers (0-day) and NOT even patched by Microsoft. Even on Linux with an updated browser, you are NOT SAFE. Look at Windows 10, Microsoft rushed to launch this crapware, with its million bugs...and look how they are pathetically trying to fix those holes (200 000 millions users exposed, hackers are so happy)

you really think that hackers do care about you ? or me ? come on...

you can't make good software by rushing its updates ! And I'm glad to see that CB team takes its time to make things CORRECTLY. Nothing else to say. If you can't live with that, you should use chromium instead. Or even better, go to any anti-atomic bunker and disconnect from internet...because you will never be safe online !

Sad Sad
just to be sure that you don't misunderstand what I'm trying to explain :

I'm not saying that an updated chromium engine is bad, of course not ! Holes must be closed on software we're using every day, BUT asking again and again for updates will not make it come quicker. And rushing security updates can do exactly the contrary, because when you make something quick, chances are higher to make mistakes (and eventually create new exploitables vulnerabilities).

New revision will come for sure, when it's done and fully tested...
(01-08-2016, 09:14 PM)badablek Wrote: just to be sure that you don't misunderstand what I'm trying to explain :

I'm not saying that an updated chromium engine is bad, of course not ! Holes must be closed on software we're using every day, BUT asking again and again for updates will not make it come quicker. And rushing security updates can do exactly the contrary, because when you make something quick, chances are higher to make mistakes (and eventually create new exploitables vulnerabilities).

New revision will come for sure, when it's done and fully tested...

you are right! privacy is dying Sad
Can you add search box ?
(01-09-2016, 09:58 AM)Steven Wrote: Can you add search box ?

What about a search button on the toolbar?(Show a search engine list bubble when click it)