Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
STABLE version -- 4.2.10.171
(05-12-2020, 05:58 PM)Jimbo Slip Wrote: Ever since I updated to 4.2.10.171, the browser frequently jams (freezes for a while, then unfreezes after a few seconds).
Confirm. Especially in social networks, win7(x32, x64) and win10 (x32, x64).
(05-12-2020, 05:58 PM)Jimbo Slip Wrote: Ever since I updated to 4.2.10.171, the browser frequently jams (freezes for a while, then unfreezes after a few seconds).
Have you tried disabling hardware acceleration?
Not sure on exactly what happened, but sound has completely stopped working for me for some unknown reason for cent browser.. and it only seems to be when using the installer version, I have tried the portable version and sound works just fine.

I have tried:
Clearing cache/extensions
Tried using the browsers safe mode
Tried using incognito
Tried uninstalling and re-installing cent browser
Tried messing with sound settings in cent browser
Tried restarting computer

nothing seems to work, and I'm at my wits end now as it was working a couple hours ago just fine, have literally done nothing that would of made it stop working, it doesn't even show up in the volume mixer either anymore..

and I repeat this is only happening with cent browser installer version. Portable produces sound just fine, and every other application that produces sound on my computer is well producing sound.
(05-20-2020, 01:06 AM)Journeyover Wrote: Not sure on exactly what happened, but sound has completely stopped working for me for some unknown reason for cent browser.. and it only seems to be when using the installer version, I have tried the portable version and sound works just fine.

I have tried:
Clearing cache/extensions
Tried using the browsers safe mode
Tried using incognito
Tried uninstalling and re-installing cent browser
Tried messing with sound settings in cent browser
Tried restarting computer

nothing seems to work, and I'm at my wits end now as it was working a couple hours ago just fine, have literally done nothing that would of made it stop working, it doesn't even show up in the volume mixer either anymore..

and I repeat this is only happening with cent browser installer version. Portable produces sound just fine, and every other application that produces sound on my computer is well producing sound.
Please check these links:
https://superuser.com/questions/687577/g...lume-mixer
https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/com...xer_so_no/
(05-20-2020, 04:14 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: Please check these links:
https://superuser.com/questions/687577/g...lume-mixer
https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/com...xer_so_no/

Sadly tried everything that I could from both those links and nothing seemed to fix the issue. I feel at this point it's just not going to work anymore. I do plan on doing a fresh install of the windows 10 OS whenever the May 2020 update comes out fully so hopefully that will fix whatever the issue is, but until then I guess I'm fine with running the portable version as it's better than nothing.
(05-20-2020, 08:35 PM)Journeyover Wrote: Sadly tried everything that I could from both those links and nothing seemed to fix the issue. I feel at this point it's just not going to work anymore. I do plan on doing a fresh install of the windows 10 OS whenever the May 2020 update comes out fully so hopefully that will fix whatever the issue is, but until then I guess I'm fine with running the portable version as it's better than nothing.
Not sure what is the reason.
Maybe you can try disabling your anti-virus.
Another possible reason is conflict with some other software.
(05-21-2020, 03:07 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: Not sure what is the reason.
Maybe you can try disabling your anti-virus.
Another possible reason is conflict with some other software.

I don't run any type of anti-virus, and not sure how some other software is conflicting with centbrowser as like I said it was working a couple hours beforehand and I hadn't updated any software or anything between the time that it was working to the time it wasn't plus the fact that I was gone from the house so wasn't even around my computer during the couple hours that it took for sound to stop working from centbrowser, and I haven't installed any new software in ages either.

I've pretty much given up on trying to get it fixed, as like I said I plan on doing a fresh install of windows 10 whenever the next major update comes out fully, and as long as the portable version is working correctly then I'm fine until then and hopefully a fresh install of windows 10 will fix whatever the issue is.
(05-21-2020, 08:22 PM)Journeyover Wrote: I don't run any type of anti-virus, and not sure how some other software is conflicting with centbrowser as like I said it was working a couple hours beforehand and I hadn't updated any software or anything between the time that it was working to the time it wasn't plus the fact that I was gone from the house so wasn't even around my computer during the couple hours that it took for sound to stop working from centbrowser, and I haven't installed any new software in ages either.

I've pretty much given up on trying to get it fixed, as like I said I plan on doing a fresh install of windows 10 whenever the next major update comes out fully, and as long as the portable version is working correctly then I'm fine until then and hopefully a fresh install of windows 10 will fix whatever the issue is.
I now think it may be a Windows bug.
And you can try reinstalling your audio devices with device manager(WIN+R, devmgmt.msc)
We are now 3 versions behind Chromium stable, when can we expect the next version of Cent?
(05-29-2020, 05:31 PM)tetsu Wrote: We are now 3 versions behind Chromium stable, when can we expect the next version of Cent?

Should be available in June.