Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
migrate data to a new profile
hi,
i dont know if my doubt is trivial. i am using cent browser Version 4.0.9.112 (Official Build) (64-bit) (portable) based on Chromium 74.0.3729.169. i guess this profile is infected with malware, coz when i open a new window, it freezes for some 1 minute everytime. hence i want to create a new profile and APPEND (not overwrite) this profile's HISTORY, BOOKMARKS, EXTENSIONS AND EXTENSION DATA to my new profile. is there a way to do this? i know exporting and importing bookmarks from the bookmark manager, but not the other stuff. please help. thanks in advance Smile
Go to the UserData folder of your portable folder. Here Copy the Default folder. This is your main profile. If you have more than one profile then those are Profile 1 & Profile 2 etc.
1. but i dont wanna carry over other stuff (coz that might be the cause of the infection) except those i have mentioned in my first post.

2. how can i APPEND (not overwrite) these data to that of another profile?

thanks in advance.
Only way to do so is either set up Google sync or copy respective folders inside the profile folder.
can you explain in detail about which folders are to be copied in specific? thanks in advance.
Just login Google account in your first browser, wait for it to complete Sync.
Then quit it and login again in your second browser, then your settings will be merged.
By the way, you should try disabling hardware acceleration in your first browser.
Maybe it was not malware thing.
thanks hemlok89 and CentBrowser. but i am aware of the google-sync method but dont have a google account associated with my browser. also i would rather be comfortable moving files to another portable version of centbrowser. please tell me which files or folders to move to enable me to migrate those info as i had requested in my first post.
i disabled hardware acceleration but that did not change anything. (although my graphics card is malfunctioning for more than 6 months).

thanks in advance.
(10-09-2019, 10:14 PM)anniyan Wrote: thanks hemlok89 and CentBrowser. but i am aware of the google-sync method but dont have a google account associated with my browser. also i would rather be comfortable moving files to another portable version of centbrowser. please tell me which files or folders to move to enable me to migrate those info as i had requested in my first post.
i disabled hardware acceleration but that did not change anything. (although my graphics card is malfunctioning for more than 6 months).

thanks in advance.
Without google-sync, you can only overwrite profile, impossible to merge.
Generally you need to copy these files/directories at least:
User Data\Local State
User Data\Default\Preferences
User Data\Default\Bookmarks
User Data\Default\History
User Data\Default\Login Data
User Data\Default\Extensions
User Data\Default\Extension Rules
User Data\Default\Extension State
thank you very much, i did what you had said and everything has been migrated, except EXTENSION DATA. it will be a long task to set every extension option to back how it was. can you tell me which files to copy over to achieve this? thanks in advance Smile
(10-10-2019, 08:39 PM)anniyan Wrote: thank you very much, i did what you had said and everything has been migrated, except EXTENSION DATA. it will be a long task to set every extension option to back how it was. can you tell me which files to copy over to achieve this? thanks in advance Smile
You can try copying these directories, but I am not sure your extension settings can fully restore because there is no standard methods for extensions to save their settings.
User Data\Default\Local Storage
User Data\Default\File System
User Data\Default\Local Extension Settings
User Data\Default\Managed Extension Settings