Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
STABLE version -- 4.0.9.112
For quite some time I was using Cent Browser as a secondary browser- I had Firefox as default browser on all the machines I owned but my patience with Mozilla was finally exhausted so now Cent Browser is my default browser- for me this is by far the best Chromium-based browser. Second best is Vivaldi and other Chromium-based ones are either junk or spyware or both. I don't really care about the latest Chromium versions because newer releases are usually worse as more and more stuff is removed- I read that FTP support will be soon removed from Chromium which I find outrageous so I hope that the Cent Browser developers will keep FTP support. I have downloaded the latest Cent Browser version- 4.2.7.128 but I haven't already switched to it because the release notes have not already appeared on History page. What I don't like in my current version of Cent Browser- 4.1.7.182, is the new tab page which uses ugly favicons in stead of miniatures and I was about to request an option to use miniatures (captured images from websites) in stead of the unbearable favicons as it was in version 4.0.9.112 but I installed an extension- nightTab (Chrome Web Store, GitHub, Demo) so I don't see the ugly, favicon-infested new tab page any more, screen:

[Image: iFe4YPUJ_o.png]

Overall I am very pleased with Cent Browser but I am afraid of Manifest v3 and of it comes to Cent Browser I will have to switch to a less known Firefox fork- Iceweasel (SourceForge, Download) which is regularly updated (usually several days after Firefox official release) and it has several advantages over Firefox- portable by default, most privacy settings enabled by default, no forced updates.

As this is my first post here I would like to thank the developers for their excellent work. I really hope that I will stay with Cent Browser as long as possible as I have not found a better browser (I have tested virtually all browsers available for Windows).
(03-20-2020, 11:06 PM)smaragdus Wrote: - for me this is by far the best Chromium-based browser. Second best is Vivaldi ...
Yes, Cent is the best, but I personally think that Kinza is the second, not Vivladi.
Thank you! Good health and good luck!

Attached Files Image(s)

(03-21-2020, 01:46 AM)ttomomo Wrote: Yes, Cent is the best, but I personally think that Kinza is the second, not Vivladi.

I use portable browsers exclusively and as far as I know Kinza does not offer portable version (like Cent) or portable installation (like Vivladi).
(03-19-2020, 07:28 PM)YuseiYamto Wrote: is there any ETA for new Stable version? or should i switch to beta
Our 4.2 version is almost ready, you can wait for some more days.
(03-20-2020, 11:06 PM)smaragdus Wrote: For quite some time I was using Cent Browser as a secondary browser- I had Firefox as default browser on all the machines I owned but my patience with Mozilla was finally exhausted so now Cent Browser is my default browser- for me this is by far the best Chromium-based browser. Second best is Vivaldi and other Chromium-based ones are either junk or spyware or both. I don't really care about the latest Chromium versions because newer releases are usually worse as more and more stuff is removed- I read that FTP support will be soon removed from Chromium which I find outrageous so I hope that the Cent Browser developers will keep FTP support. I have downloaded the latest Cent Browser version- 4.2.7.128 but I haven't already switched to it because the release notes have not already appeared on History page. What I don't like in my current version of Cent Browser- 4.1.7.182, is the new tab page which uses ugly favicons in stead of miniatures and I was about to request an option to use miniatures (captured images from websites) in stead of the unbearable favicons as it was in version 4.0.9.112 but I installed an extension- nightTab (Chrome Web Store, GitHub, Demo) so I don't see the ugly, favicon-infested new tab page any more, screen:

[Image: iFe4YPUJ_o.png]

Overall I am very pleased with Cent Browser but I am afraid of Manifest v3 and of it comes to Cent Browser I will have to switch to a less known Firefox fork- Iceweasel (SourceForge, Download) which is regularly updated (usually several days after Firefox official release) and it has several advantages over Firefox- portable by default, most privacy settings enabled by default, no forced updates.

As this is my first post here I would like to thank the developers for their excellent work. I really hope that I will stay with Cent Browser as long as possible as I have not found a better browser (I have tested virtually all browsers available for Windows).
Thanks for your support.
But why are you afraid of Manifest v3?`
(03-21-2020, 06:04 AM)lexa77 Wrote: Thank you! Good health and good luck!
Thanks for your kind words.
(03-21-2020, 03:27 PM)smaragdus Wrote: I use portable browsers exclusively and as far as I know Kinza does not offer portable version (like Cent) or portable installation (like Vivladi).
There is a Kinza 6.0.0 portable version. Try search the web for 'Kinza_Portable_6.0.0' .

First of all, install the portable 6.0.0 version, then update to 6.1.6 version by using the latest install version with the help of UniExtract (if you know how to). Good luck.
As far as I know, Kinza does not have full portability even after using third-party launchers. At the same time please stop the offtopic discussion.
@CentBrowser

Quote:But why are you afraid of Manifest v3?`

Because as far as I know Manifest v3 will limit severely ad blocker extensions like uBlock Origin.

I saw that version 4.2.7.128 was pulled off from static server, wasn't it stable? Softpedia (Installer, Portable) still lists it as stable.