Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will CentBrowser limit AdBlockers like Chrome?
I just heard about CentBrowser and I like the idea that I can use my Google credentials to sync my bookmarks/passwords but my main reason for leaving Chrome is the fact they they will limit the amount of rules content blockers can use and that's a big show stopper for me. Will CentBrowser have the same limitation or will my adblocker work just fine?
There's a few different threads about this already. The most definitive answer they've given so far is that they "may keep V2 if it is not too difficult".

https://www.centbrowser.com/forum/showth...5#pid12155

I'd guess that nobody really has a great idea how difficult it's going to be, and probably won't till it's actually implemented, so they can inspect the damage. I wish the Cent devs were a little more enthusiastic about wanting to keep supporting the API, but I think they don't wanna commit to something they're not sure they can actually follow though on. They're well aware that users want it, so I imagine they will if they can.
(06-04-2019, 07:06 PM)papadoc Wrote: There's a few different threads about this already. The most definitive answer they've given so far is that they "may keep V2 if it is not too difficult".

https://www.centbrowser.com/forum/showth...5#pid12155

I'd guess that nobody really has a great idea how difficult it's going to be, and probably won't till it's actually implemented, so they can inspect the damage. I wish the Cent devs were a little more enthusiastic about wanting to keep supporting the API, but I think they don't wanna commit to something they're not sure they can actually follow though on. They're well aware that users want it, so I imagine they will if they can.

I understand. Thanks.
"CentBrowser making a commitment to keep retro-compatibility with V2 Manifest while integrating V3 would make a big différentiation factor from other Chromium fork and would gain lot of traction among power-users around the world". I agree with this