Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mouse Gestures
I only use one mouse gesture, i.e. swipe right to close current tab.
Can anyone tell me what the "threshold" option is?
I ask because when I swipe right,  the gesture works fine but it often also seems to take it as right-click on the web page so I get the Back, Forward, Reload, Bookmark this Page, etc. popup.
I have tried setting the value low, medium and high with no difference.
Thanks.
Threshold is the number of pixels you need to move your mouse to activate the gesture. 10 is default so you need to right click, hold the right click & move the mouse 10 pixels at any direction to activate a gesture. Setting it low will need you to move the mouse less distance & a high threshold means you need to move the mose more before the gesture activates.
(03-24-2019, 06:36 PM)hemlok89 Wrote: Threshold is the number of pixels you need to move your mouse to activate the gesture. 10 is default so you need to right click, hold the right click & move the mouse 10 pixels at any direction to activate a gesture. Setting it low will need you to move the mouse less distance & a high threshold means you need to move the mose more before the gesture activates.
Thanks for that.
I use the horizontal-right move to close the current tab (not just any direction).
Changing the threshhold value didn’t seem to make any difference.
May be a bug.
Generally there shouldn't be context menu after mouse gesture execution.
Have you tried it in safe mode?(running the browser with safemode.bat under the same directory of chrome.exe)
I think now it may be because I swipe across too quickly and release the right mouse button whilst it is still moving.
I used to do it this way when I used Firefox with no problems.
If I do it in a bit more controlled way and release the right mouse button when the mouse movement has stopped then it seems to work.
I'll just have to adjust slightly the way I use it.

I've now tried it in safe mode and it works as expected.
BUT,  I've tried it now in normal mode and I now can't get it to show the context menu no matter how hard I try.
I don't believe it.
I'll see how things go.

EDIT:
I'm using Cent as normal now where I start with about 9 tabs and the context menu is appearing again.
It could be that my processor is not keeping up with things (it is not the fastest) so I'll put it down to that and be a bit more controlled in the way I swipe!
(03-26-2019, 09:14 AM)CBman Wrote: I think now it may be because I swipe across too quickly and release the right mouse button whilst it is still moving.
I used to do it this way when I used Firefox with no problems.
If I do it in a bit more controlled way and release the right mouse button when the mouse movement has stopped then it seems to work.
I'll just have to adjust slightly the way I use it.

I've now tried it in safe mode and it works as expected.
BUT,  I've tried it now in normal mode and I now can't get it to show the context menu no matter how hard I try.
I don't believe it.
I'll see how things go.

EDIT:
I'm using Cent as normal now where I start with about 9 tabs and the context menu is appearing again.
It could be that my processor is not keeping up with things (it is not the fastest) so I'll put it down to that and be a bit more controlled in the way I swipe!

Thanks for testing.
There may also be something on our side needs improvement.