Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
UI Layout for the browser's top chrome
(02-03-2019, 03:56 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: You may try changing "Tab shape" in chrome://settings/appearance to "Square".

This is absolutely no solution, as it is not user friedly and it is ugly.
I still need my question answered, if this will be addressed in a coming version or not. If not I fear I have to switch browsers again and the earlier the better. I would really like to stay on Cent browser, but this is no option if the design problems are not addressed.

Please do not understand me wrong, I'm not angry or something like that and I really appreciate the work done on Cent browser.

Thanks in advance for any replies.
switch to?
(02-10-2019, 11:36 AM)xanathon Wrote: I still need my question answered, if this will be addressed in a coming version or not. If not I fear I have to switch browsers again and the earlier the better. I would really like to stay on Cent browser, but this is no option if the design problems are not addressed.

Please do not understand me wrong, I'm not angry or something like that and I really appreciate the work done on Cent browser.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

We may add an option to slightly adjust the height or shape of the tab bar.
But very unlikely to bring the whole old UI back, because it will slow down our upgrade process significantly.
I think that would be enough -if bringing back the whole thing is much of a problem. An option for the tab bar to be the same height as before this change + some slight shape change if possible to make inactive tabs more easily differentiable from each other = awesome.
(02-11-2019, 04:16 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: We may add an option to slightly adjust the height or shape of the tab bar.

Thanks for the reply, but "we may add" without a timeframe is not good enough for me, and I do not know if that solves my problem anyway. Thank you for your work, but I'll switch browser now as I think it is too dangerous to use an outdated browser.
(02-11-2019, 04:16 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: We may add an option to slightly adjust the height or shape of the tab bar.
But very unlikely to bring the whole old UI back, because it will slow down our upgrade process significantly.

I, like many others, would be very happy to be able to adjust the height of the tab bar.
I don`t need a whole old UI.
PLEASE, add the option!
(02-14-2019, 08:54 PM)Zebra Wrote: I, like many others, would be very happy to be able to adjust the height of the tab bar.
I don`t need a whole old UI.
PLEASE, add the option!

I totally agree with you. 
Would prefer reducing the height of the tab bar. The new UI is fine for me.
CentBrowser

If it possible, please add an option to adjust the height of the address bar too (not only tab bar).

[Image: 5dd454be779952158c2d55b9213dc1f3.jpg]

And it would be very good if it were possible to adjust the font size for the address in the address bar.
(02-15-2019, 12:18 PM)Zebra Wrote: CentBrowser

If it possible, please add an option to adjust the height of the address bar too (not only tab bar).

[Image: 5dd454be779952158c2d55b9213dc1f3.jpg]

And it would be very good if it were possible to adjust the font size for the address in the address bar.

Please try an alternative way:
1.Append --force-device-scale-factor=0.91 in "Other settings"->"Startup command line"
2.Change "Appearance"->"Page zoom" to 110%
3.Restart the browser