Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cache to RAM
Lightbulb 
Hi! I'd like to suggest  an option to redirect internet cache to ram instead of some directory.
I'm using ramdisk right now. But wouldn't it be great without that clutter.
CentBrowser is the best!  Tongue
Under incognito window or multilogin tab, everything is cached to RAM.
If you mean caching to RAM under normal mode, it can't be done for now.
(11-10-2018, 04:21 PM)alchniyal Wrote: Hi! I'd like to suggest  an option to redirect internet cache to ram instead of some directory.
I'm using ramdisk right now. But wouldn't it be great without that clutter.
CentBrowser is the best!  Tongue

i also use a ramdisk and it's let's say drive "R" in windows explorer. In Cent, you should be able to locate the cache there. There are setting in Cent to delete xyz on exit....but my ramdisk starts anew each time i reboot.

So under settings, other settings, I select "use custom cache directory" and point it to "R", etc....

each reboot, it's empty.

Is that what you mean?
yeas Jef, that is exactly what i mean, and use the same setup. I thought that it would be easy to remove ramdisk from the equation.
But, as Admin said, is not possible at the moment. I would guess its by design of chromium engine which cent browser uses under the hood.
(11-22-2018, 11:58 PM)alchniyal Wrote: yeas Jef, that is exactly what i mean, and use the same setup. I thought that it would be easy to remove ramdisk from the equation.
But, as Admin said, is not possible at the moment. I would guess its by design of chromium engine which cent browser uses under the hood.

Still unsure what you mean. Are you saying not to use a ramdisk but try to access ram directly? I guess the only difference is a perceived "slowdown" of the ramdisk due to the software that creates it? What would you really gain? The ramdisk seems like it does what we (at least me) want....  ?? not using an ssd or hd and using ram.