Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Please add search bar
(09-12-2018, 09:00 PM)temp123312 Wrote: I don't use "Super Drag" at all. Just now I'll try "Copy link text" it's not what I need.. it just do copy of all text.. I need to select specific part of the text, then use Ctrl+C if i need to copy it, or drag&drop to tab space to search, or any other place..

hold down Alt
(09-10-2018, 01:46 AM)SpringsTS Wrote: The setting given by @CentBrowser doesn't add a search box.
It allows you to quickly choose the search engine to use in the address bar

In the exemple, if Bing is your default search engine:
_ Typing My search in the address bar will open Bing
_ Typing g My search in the address bar will open Google

Change the keywords will allow you to quickly set a search engine for a specific search.

thank you so much this is the BEST option I've seen. I STILL HAVE NOT HEARD A REALLY GOOD REASON TO NOT SIMPLY ADD A SEARCH BAR LIKE A LOT OF OTHER BROWSERS??????????????????????????????????????????/
(09-25-2018, 01:10 PM)jlhillhouse Wrote: thank you so much this is the BEST option I've seen. I STILL HAVE NOT HEARD A REALLY GOOD REASON TO NOT SIMPLY ADD A SEARCH BAR LIKE A LOT OF OTHER BROWSERS??????????????????????????????????????????/

What about adding a search engine list in the drop down menu of the address bar?
(You can use any engine in the list to search)
(09-25-2018, 03:10 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: What about adding a search engine list in the drop down menu of the address bar?
(You can use any engine in the list to search)

thank you!!!!!!! that would help but what's the reason to just not add a search bar????????? even tough some don't think it is needed, without explanation, which i have requested?????????????
is it a speed issue, performance issue, memory issue or something else????????????
(09-25-2018, 06:42 PM)jlhillhouse Wrote: thank you!!!!!!! that would help but what's the reason to just not add a search bar????????? even tough some don't think it is needed, without explanation, which i have requested?????????????
is it a speed issue, performance issue, memory issue or something else????????????

I believe an answer to why some people do not want an extra search bar would be that the chrome's address bar already has the basic capability of a search box (i.e., type in some search words and press enter, and chrome will google it, bing it, or yahoo it, or in other words, basically do a search using whatever search engine / search service is set to be default and so having a separate box next to address bar may be unnecessary)

Some people may still want a separate search box. In that case, my suggestion would be (hopefully there is a switchable option, i.e. the ability to disable address bar search if search bar is activated, if user so wants) to have something like the new tab search box style; that might be something to consider if it could be incorporated to the address bar or next to the address bar in a nice and user friendly way Smile 

Also, I see that if you right mouse click on the address bar, there is the 'edit search engine'  options. If there is a way to autopopulate those fields on detection of a search engine / search service you used that you want to add to address bar, that would probably make life easier to add search engines to address bar.

Finally the auto detecting of search engines in the option where it says, "Other saved search engines will appear here". Can be disabled (yes, I've asked about that before), but if there could be a way to prompt user if they want to add or show a little icon somewhere so users can tell it's not been added before and can add if they wanted to if they don't want to disable completely. Wondering if this can be integrated with the search bar / address bar search thing somehow if that makes any sense

Hopefully we see new version of Cent browser really soon, I know it's harder to implement than just to have the ideas on paper., but keep up the good work again cent browser. Smile
(09-25-2018, 06:42 PM)jlhillhouse Wrote: thank you!!!!!!! that would help but what's the reason to just not add a search bar????????? even tough some don't think it is needed, without explanation, which i have requested?????????????

We don't like search bar because it is 90% duplicate of the address bar.
Is your demand switching search engines more convenient?
(09-26-2018, 12:21 AM)mc0134 Wrote: I believe an answer to why some people do not want an extra search bar would be that the chrome's address bar already has the basic capability of a search box (i.e., type in some search words and press enter, and chrome will google it, bing it, or yahoo it, or in other words, basically do a search using whatever search engine /  search service is set to be default and so having a separate box next to address bar may be unnecessary)

Some people may still want a separate search box. In that case, my suggestion would be (hopefully there is a switchable option, i.e. the ability to disable address bar search if search bar is activated, if user so wants) to have something like the new tab search box style; that might be something to consider if it could be incorporated to the address bar or next to the address bar in a nice and user friendly way Smile 

Also,  I see that if you right mouse click on the address bar, there is the 'edit search engine'  options. If there is a way to autopopulate those fields on detection of a search engine / search service you used that you want to add to address bar, that would probably make life easier to add search engines to address bar.

Finally the auto detecting of search engines in the option where it says,  "Other saved search engines will appear here". Can be disabled (yes, I've asked about that before), but if there could be a way to prompt user if they want to add or show a little icon somewhere so users can tell it's not been added before and can add if they wanted to if they don't want to disable completely. Wondering if this can be integrated with the search bar / address bar search thing somehow if that makes any sense

Hopefully we see new version of Cent browser really soon, I know it's harder to implement than just to have the ideas on paper., but keep up the good work again cent browser. Smile

Thanks for your support.
(09-26-2018, 04:43 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: Thanks for your support.

thank you mc0134 for a clear and concise explanation. I really like the idea of having it as a selection (say in settings) that you can turn on and off. CentBrowser please try to incorporate this. thank you
(09-26-2018, 06:49 PM)jlhillhouse Wrote: thank you mc0134 for a clear and concise explanation. I really like the idea of having it as a selection (say in settings) that you can turn on and off. CentBrowser please try to incorporate this. thank you

OK, we will look into it.
(09-27-2018, 03:44 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: OK, we will look into it.

thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!