Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Video Auto Start Issue
OK, I see now.
This is probably intended change by Chromium team.
Dear Developer,

Unfortunately, the issue I mentioned above continues in the new stable version (3.4.3.39).

Currently, there are no such problems with other Chromium-based browsers (e.g. Kinza, Slimjet, Vivaldi) outside of Opera.

However, Cent Browser is still the best browser among Chromium-based browsers at this time. There is no other browser that I can say "This is the second best browser". For example, even Chromium-based Opera in my opinion could be the third highest quality browser.

As a result, I would like to once again thank all the developers of Cent Browser here. And I wish that your successes will continue increasingly.

Regards,
Seems this flag was broken in Chromium 66.
Dear Cent Dev.,

Unfortunately, you're wrong. Because:

After your answer above, I tried the Chromium 66-based Kinza Browser (v4.7.1). It was error-free; that is, the video did not start automatically.

While creating the latest version of Cent Browser, some things seem to have run out of sight.

Regards,
taba, kinza 4.7.1 is based on 66.0.3359.170, but CentBrowser 3.4.3.39 is based on 66.0.3359.181 as you can see in chrome://version
Dear "wOxxOm",

Bravo!.. Your capture of this detail is a huge success... It would be great, if you had added a solution proposal to this detail that you mentioned...

So, if Cent developer had written the version number as long (66.0.3359.181) instead of short (66) above, there would not be a problem that the "Video start automatically". It's very interesting that the developer could not think about it.

In the meantime, the Chromium authors create a new version almost every day, and they write 66...171, 172, ... , 181. So, it would be great, if the Cent developer should have based on the Chromium that was produced 181 - 170 = 11 days ago.

However, we were still very likely to encounter the same problem again, because the latest release of Kinza and Opera have the same (long) version number (66.0.3359.170), but one of them is problematic, the other is not.

As a result, I'm sure that you will find a solution to this problem as soon as possible, and that you'll make both Cent developer and users very happy.

Regards,
A new information:

Now, the Kinza browser (v4.7.2) produced yesterday also is based on Chromium v66.0.3359.181, just like the latest Cent browser v3.4.3.39.

However, just like the previous version (4.7.1), this new Kinza also does not have a video auto-start issue as mentioned above.

Conclusion: As I mentioned in my previous post, the video auto-start issue is not caused by the newly produced Chromium v66. This is a production error of the new Cent Browser v3.4.3.39.
(05-28-2018, 01:13 AM)taba Wrote: A new information:

Now, the Kinza browser (v4.7.2) produced yesterday also is based on Chromium v66.0.3359.181, just like the latest Cent browser v3.4.3.39.

However, just like the previous version (4.7.1), this new Kinza also does not have a video auto-start issue as mentioned above.

Conclusion: As I mentioned in my previous post, the video auto-start issue is not caused by the newly produced Chromium v66. This is a production error of the new Cent Browser v3.4.3.39.

Here we tested Google Chrome v66.0.3359.181, and it also has auto-play issue.
How about it on your side?
(05-28-2018, 05:14 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: Here we tested Google Chrome v66.0.3359.181, and it also has auto-play issue.
How about it on your side?

Dear Dev,

It's very natural that Google Chrome has an "video auto-play" issue, because the world's most video hosting site is YouTube... And YouTube adds own ads to these videos before visitors start watching it...

- Well, who owns this YouTube?..

- Google... I mean, Google is also the owner of the Chrome browser that automatically starts videos...

Now, let's come to the main question:

- Are there a Chromium-based browser that does not auto-start videos, if you enable the "Document user activation is required" option in the "chrome://flags > Autoplay policy" section?

- (For now, I will answer that as well) There is. There are too many. All other Chromium-based browsers except Google Chrome and Opera... Here are a few examples that currently in use with the latest releases:

Kinza    4.7.2            :  based on Chromium 66.0.3359.181 (just like latest Cent)
  Vivaldi  1.15.1147.42 :     "     "         "         65.0.3325.183
  Yandex 18.4.1.638     :     "     "         "        65.0.3325.181
  Slimjet  18.0.5           :     "     "         "        64.0.3282.119

Earlier versions of these browsers also did not have an auto-start issue (just like earlier Cent Browser)...

CONCULUSION: The situation on my side as I told you above... I mean, the latest version of Cent Browser was created in a bit of a hurry...Smile

Regards,
(05-29-2018, 02:40 PM)taba Wrote: Dear Dev,

It's very natural that Google Chrome has an "video auto-play" issue, because the world's most video hosting site is YouTube... And YouTube adds own ads to these videos before visitors start watching it...

- Well, who owns this YouTube?..

- Google... I mean, Google is also the owner of the Chrome browser that automatically starts videos...

Now, let's come to the main question:

- Are there a Chromium-based browser that does not auto-start videos, if you enable the "Document user activation is required" option in the "chrome://flags > Autoplay policy" section?

- (For now, I will answer that as well) There is. There are too many. All other Chromium-based browsers except Google Chrome and Opera... Here are a few examples that currently in use with the latest releases:

Kinza    4.7.2            :  based on Chromium 66.0.3359.181 (just like latest Cent)
  Vivaldi  1.15.1147.42 :     "     "         "         65.0.3325.183
  Yandex 18.4.1.638     :     "     "         "        65.0.3325.181
  Slimjet  18.0.5           :     "     "         "        64.0.3282.119

Earlier versions of these browsers also did not have an auto-start issue (just like earlier Cent Browser)...

CONCULUSION: The situation on my side as I told you above... I mean, the latest version of Cent Browser was created in a bit of a hurry...Smile

Regards,

OK, we will try to figure out what is broken in the latest version.