Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
GDI rendering completely broken in v3.2.4.23
yep, same problem here. tryed instaling the older version, no change.

those titles are double their usual size  https://i.imgur.com/d6sVlSI.png

this is supposed to be Verdana 13px, looks like verdana 10px https://i.imgur.com/vqeFrF6.png
Also broken here. It's completely inaccessible because the way things currently stand, it's giving me a migraine. Please fix ASAP.
Same here, as of the latest update, I experience rendering issues on certain wiki pages, emails, web pages (my project management app, Trello, fails to display checklist items and crashes) etc.

Enabling DirectWrite fixes this error, but that's not a solution for me, because the ability to disable DirectWrite is why I started using Cent Browser in the first place.  Wink
I confirm that rendering problem occurs only with directwrite disabled, and as the OP I found that it only occur for specific scaling of the pages. For example: open page https://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/newmailalert.htm , set zoom scale to 115% and you will got infinite page rendering bug (and some elements of page will disappear and slider got small), then set zoom scale to 140% and page will return to normal state.
I confirm the issue, Win 8.1x64
The issue disappears for already viewed pages with problems after reinstalling, but then appears on other pages.
I had to downgrade to previous version for now.

Please note that this issue happens because some random element has insane heigth. Please see the screenshot attached.

I could not find any regularity in the bug: sometimes it was <p> tag, sometimes <h3> or <quote> or some other.
I have 2 Win10 X64 machines:
Version 1709, Build 16299.125 - no issues, DirectWrite is disabled and everything looks great
Version 1607 (LTSB) - all the same problems that people in this thread report.
Absolutely broken for me. Latest version, Windows 7 64bit. The website I frequent for social media had my timeline/mark all as read buttons turn into huge gray blocks with no words on it at all, and Reddit became a weird giant whitespace mess. I had to revert to the previous update to be able to use any websites reliably.

As someone with neurological issues that has DirectWrite disabled specifically because the font-smoothing makes it impossible for me to read anything and not get horribly ill, PLEASE fix this. Cent is the browser I use for its accessibility. I left Chrome specifically because they made it impossible to disable DirectWrite. Sad PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FIX THIS!!!
It's Chinese New Year now. Maybe we should wait patiently.
Well after delaying the update all this time due to worry of new updates (thanks Google!) I finally backed up my install and updated..

Immediately I could see the text rendering was completely different; much worse.

Double-checked release notes and ironically it says text rendering was fixed with DirectWrite disabled.  Yeeeah, it looks like the opposite happened.

v3.0.4.29:    

v3.2.4.23:     

Just noticed I was 2 releases out of date.. I guess I'm gonna go try version 3.1.5.52 and see if that's working fine just so I'm not that out of date with security updates. Edit: Or not.. because it's downloading at 4KB/s. Server issue?

I hope whatever changed in the latest version can be reverted.
(02-16-2018, 02:29 AM)DAOWAce Wrote: Well after delaying the update all this time due to worry of new updates (thanks Google!) I finally backed up my install and updated..

Immediately I could see the text rendering was completely different; much worse.

Double-checked release notes and ironically it says text rendering was fixed with DirectWrite disabled.  Yeeeah, it looks like the opposite happened.

v3.0.4.29:

v3.2.4.23: 

Just noticed I was 2 releases out of date.. I guess I'm gonna go try version 3.1.5.52 and see if that's working fine just so I'm not that out of date with security updates.  Edit: Or not.. because it's downloading at 4KB/s.  Server issue?

I hope whatever changed in the latest version can be reverted.
This effect it's not the intention of this gamma related changing. Maybe you encounted the "wrong text" bug in 3.2.4.23, noticed regular font displayed instead of bold font. This bug appeared occasionally, mine is correcttly displayed.

V3.2.4.23 with DirectWrite off and without 3rd-party rendering,shows the correct contrast(refer to Firefox or other) compared with the wrong one of legacy version of chrome series

This bold font is not bold enough compared with Firefox due to customized font, default is OK. I guess you have the same problem.

You may try 3.1.5.52, but it has the "cutting off font" bug.