Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Translate English into French
We translated setup strings before, but we found a crash case in Russian OS and don't know why.So we need a native OS of specific language to do test(Not with language packs).We may translate it in the next version.
Hello,

I think as translated strings of new drag gesture are too long for certain options! Example :

Maybe "Ouvrir/Chercher vers onglet arrière plan" and "Ouvrir/Chercher vers onglet premier plan"
(04-29-2016, 03:59 PM)Oliver. Wrote: Hello,

I think as translated strings of new drag gesture are too long for certain options! Example :

Maybe "Ouvrir/Chercher vers onglet arrière plan" and "Ouvrir/Chercher vers onglet premier plan"

Thanks for the information. 
And by the way, does the latest installer(centbrowser_1.9.10.43.exe) display in French correctly?
(04-29-2016, 04:06 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: Thanks for the information. 
And by the way, does the latest installer(centbrowser_1.9.10.43.exe) display in French correctly?

I use portable version but I will try as soon as possible.
I can confirm the installer is indeed in french, but the translation is really really bad and not usable. Can you give all the english strings of the installer so I can make an accurate translation ?

@Oliver. I will make tweaks in my translation for the next release. With every update, I don't know where the strings are gonna be used. So sometimes, it's too long Wink
(04-29-2016, 04:12 PM)Oliver. Wrote:
(04-29-2016, 04:06 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: Thanks for the information. 

I use portable version but I will try as soon as possible.

I just notice a mistake: Custom = "Personnalisé" or "Avancé" if the first is too long

(04-29-2016, 04:41 PM)badablek Wrote: I can confirm the installer is indeed in french, but the translation is really really bad and not usable. Can you give all the english strings of the installer so I can make an accurate translation ?

@Oliver. I will make tweaks in my translation for the next release. With every update, I don't know where the strings are gonna be used. So sometimes, it's too long Wink

OK.These are installer strings:

Install Cent Browser
Customize
Set as default browser
Add to task bar
Add to desktop shortcut
Install
Installer can't access this directory, please choose another one.
There is not enough space available on this partition, please choose another one.
(04-29-2016, 04:42 PM)Oliver. Wrote: I just notice a mistake: Custom = "Personnalisé" or "Avancé" if the first is too long

Thanks.These strings are translated by Google Translate several months ago.
And I think the word "Custom" should be "Customize" and I have changed it in our code base.
Cent Browser french setup

Install Cent Browser
Installer Cent Browser

Customize
Personnaliser

Set as default browser
Navigateur par défaut

Add to task bar
Ajouter à la barre des tâches

Add to desktop shortcut
Créer un raccourci sur le bureau

Install
Installer

Installer can't access this directory, please choose another one.
Ce répertoire est inaccessible pour l'installeur, veuillez en choisir un autre.

There is not enough space available on this partition, please choose another one.
L'espace-disque est insuffisant sur cette partition, veuillez en choisir une autre.

=========================================================================

I'm asking a little tweak on the latest build, if possible : is there a chance you change the width of the drop down menus in Super Drag options. Shortening too much the french strings will lead to incomplete and unusable translation Sad

there is plenty space in this page, you could, by example, put each option on one line, or if you want to keep this layout, at least give more space for each drop down menu. The longest french string I need, if I shorten a little bit my translation, is : "Ouvrir dans un nouvel onglet au premier plan"

missing translation :

Copy title and URL
Copier le titre et l'adresse

thanks.
OK.Thank you, badablek. Wink