Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Cent Browser 2.8.3.58(for Windows) Released
Several important bugs are fixed in this version.
And an option for privacy protection has been added: "Privacy and security"->"Enable suggestions in the address bar"

Release log:
https://www.centbrowser.com/history.html#2.8.3.58

32-bit installer       32-bit portable
64-bit installer       64-bit portable
thank you Smile
Thanks for the new version.

When Enable suggestions in the address bar setting is disabled, it also disables custom "Other search engines".  Is this intentional?
So far, so good build. Thank you so much for all your efforts.

I now begin to use completely the portable version of Cent, without another portable launcher. I migrated my profile folder to own folder of Cent. In older versions, this would have been caused directory conflict issue, therefore extensions became don't work. Now, after the profile (User Data) migration, all settings and extensions works perfectly. God bless your hands.

Besides, Cent Browser can make as default browser perfectly on even if portable-mode. No need special folder setting in command-lines. It is really well thought that the Cb_config.ini file should contain the folder where chrome.exe is located. Thank you!

A little, minor escaper about "fully portable": Cent still creates "CentBrowser\Crashpad" folder within in %LocalAppData% path, even if they are empty.

See you on My Suggestions (Chapter Five)...
I gave the offer on automatic concealment of the side panel of bookmarks earlier. Closing of the side panel of bookmarks when moving the cursor out of her limits. In this version it hasn't entered. Now it isn't convenient to use. If to open the side panel when viewing video on some websites, then the click outside the field of the side panel leads to a stop of viewing of video. It would be desirable to see my offer in the following version. Make as with the main panel of bookmarks.
(08-20-2017, 09:58 PM)soyabeaner Wrote: Thanks for the new version.

When Enable suggestions in the address bar setting is disabled, it also disables custom "Other search engines".  Is this intentional?

Do you mean search engines are not collected automatically if that option is disabled?
(08-21-2017, 01:46 AM)pureocean Wrote: So far, so good build. Thank you so much for all your efforts.

I personally now completely the portable version of Cent, without another portable launcher. I migrated my profile folder to own folder of Cent. In older versions, this would have been caused directory conflict issue, therefore extensions became don't work. Now, after the profile (User Data) migration, all settings and extensions works perfectly. God bless your hands.

Besides, Cent Browser can make as default browser perfectly on even if portable-mode. No need special folder setting in command-lines. It is really well thought that the Cb_config.ini file should contain the folder where chrome.exe is located. Thank you!

A little, minor escaper about "fully portable": Cent still creates "CentBrowser\Crashpad" folder within in %LocalAppData% path, even if they are empty.

See you on My Suggestions (Chapter Five)...

That is a bug of Chromium.
We don't see any harm of it so we left it alone.
We will look into it again.
(08-21-2017, 06:18 AM)GoodUser Wrote: I gave the offer on automatic concealment of the side panel of bookmarks earlier. Closing of the side panel of bookmarks when moving the cursor out of her limits. In this version it hasn't entered. Now it isn't convenient to use. If to open the side panel when viewing video on some websites, then the click outside the field of the side panel leads to a stop of viewing of video. It would be desirable to see my offer in the following version. Make as with the main panel of bookmarks.

Do you mean the auto bookmark menu in the left?
If so, you can press Alt to close any menu.
And there is a good extension worth to try:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detai...icjkgofkdh
(08-21-2017, 04:40 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: Do you mean the auto bookmark menu in the left?
If so, you can press Alt to close any menu.
And there is a good extension worth to try:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detai...icjkgofkdh
The sense of my sentence consists in the following, on automatic equipment - set, on automatic equipment - quitted. It is not necessary to key on the keypad, to click a mouse. Your sentence does not promote comfortable operation. It is so difficult to write the module which will cause the appropriate function? In the long term it is possible to replace some hot keys, gestures with a mouse. I very much would like function when in case of cursor movement the upper part and to its holding during certain time, joined the full screen mode.
(08-21-2017, 04:33 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: Do you mean search engines are not collected automatically if that option is disabled?
I mean I already have a custom search engine for YouTube, in which I assigned it a keyword "y". With the option disabled, when I type "y" plus whatever text afterwards in the address bar to search on YouTube, the search engine doesn't work. More accurately, the search engine doesn't even pop up as an option.