Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Cent Browser 2.7.4.52(for Windows) Released
Can't receive push-notifications from https://www.messenger.com
Could you try and confirm?

For Reproduce:

1) Download & run to Cent Portable (completely new folder).
2) Sign-in with your Facebook account in https://www.messenger.com, not Facebook.com
3) Click to the gear icon in the upper left.
4) Click Settings > Notifications > "Turn on desktop notifications".
5) Ask your friend to write something to you after 10-30 seconds.
6) Quit and again run to Cent Browser.
7) Don't go to messenger.com, wait.

Result: Cent can't recieve the new message written as push-notification

This problem not happened in Facebook.com.
If you're already logged in to Facebook.com, Cent can be recieved the push-notifications.
By the way, I remember several versions ago, the Cent Browser tile on Windows 10 Start Screen was a custom one with a white logo on blue tile.
Now it's the simple icon, like for most desktop softwares, why did you remove the custom tile? It looked great.
(07-28-2017, 07:25 PM)asmadeus08 Wrote: Can you add option of pre-render and prefetch like it released on 360EE? They have bult-in option of that functions and dont use any 3-rd part services.

Those are default features in Chromium.
(07-29-2017, 11:09 AM)Whatjusthappened Wrote: Edit: I was able to restore my last session tabs by reinstalling the deleted extensions responsible for saving my tabs because apparently the data from the deleted extensions were not deleted but sadly I couldn't remember most of the extensions that were installed

Sorry I didn't see your post content before editing.
Was your User Data corrupted because of browser issue?
(07-29-2017, 12:24 PM)jhnsmith08 Wrote: Probably something was wrong with my profile. After completely deleting my profile it got better. 9gag is also normal now, A bit slow as other flash based sites but nothing compared to previous issues. I'm wondering what were the problems that were causing those laggings.

Glad to hear that.
You can also pay attention to the size of cache directory and history database.
Big history database and cache size can also make the browser lagging.
(07-30-2017, 03:37 AM)pureocean Wrote: Can't receive push-notifications from https://www.messenger.com
Could you try and confirm?

For Reproduce:

1) Download & run to Cent Portable (completely new folder).
2) Sign-in with your Facebook account in https://www.messenger.com, not Facebook.com
3) Click to the gear icon in the upper left.
4) Click Settings > Notifications > "Turn on desktop notifications".
5) Ask your friend to write something to you after 10-30 seconds.
6) Quit and again run to Cent Browser.
7) Don't go to messenger.com, wait.

Result: Cent can't recieve the new message written as push-notification

This problem not happened in Facebook.com.
If you're already logged in to Facebook.com, Cent can be recieved the push-notifications.

Have you tried it with Chrome 59/60?
(07-30-2017, 11:46 AM)SpringsTS Wrote: By the way, I remember several versions ago, the Cent Browser tile on Windows 10 Start Screen was a custom one with a white logo on blue tile.
Now it's the simple icon, like for most desktop softwares, why did you remove the custom tile? It looked great.

The old icon has black background in Start Screen, some users thought it ugly.
So we changed it to the current style.
(07-30-2017, 04:47 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: Those are default features in Chromium.

I mean that need to add buttons on options panel
(07-30-2017, 04:52 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: Sorry I didn't see your post content before editing.
Was your User Data corrupted because of browser issue?

It got corrupted because of a power outage and the result the last session tabs and all of my extensions were deleted.
But I was able to recover the last session tabs by reinstalling the extension that was deleted (the great suspender, session buddy) as apparently the data from the extensions itself weren't deleted. I posted because I thought it was a browser issue on this latest version.
But anyway it wasn't actually a browser issue but if I have a browser issue it would be every time I sleep my computer and wake it up the GPU process in the task manager in cent browser is high like in gigabytes of memory, in the past I always end the gpu process in CB's task manager and I can still continue browsing, but now whenever I try to end the gpu process, I can't continue browsing anymore, it's like CB is still responding but the GUI hanged.
(07-30-2017, 05:11 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: The old icon has black background in Start Screen, some users thought it ugly.
So we changed it to the current style.

Thanks for the answer.