Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Cent Browser 2.7.4.52(for Windows) Released
Version 2.7.4.52 works quicker than previous. Big consumption of memory, brakes on 9gag isn't noticed. Two times I flew that never was on 2.6.5.52. You have local problems.
Also here 2.7.4.52 ist faster than previous versions. Currently I use a new profile, nothing updated - clean install
Probbaly my profile has some problem. Now its time to perform a clean install i guess Sad
(07-25-2017, 07:06 PM)reactor Wrote: Stable Channel Update 60.0.3112.78
This update includes 40 security fixes.

Boss, please upgrade Biggrin

This time we will upgrade quicker.
(07-26-2017, 03:12 AM)jhnsmith08 Wrote: I don't know why but recently cent browser feels more slow, lagging and cpu hungry from 2.6 version. I am using the same profile which I was using before so it shouldn't be a case of incorrect settings. Flash player and everything is updated. It becomes unbearable when i browse video heavy sites like 9gag. Anyone else felt the performace issues or it is just me :/  
Also other chrome based browsers like srware iron etc are still lightning fast...Can it be due to heavy modification in cent?

May be fault of the latest Flash plugin, what about HTML5 sites like youtube.com?Is it also lagging?
Here are some of the changes that are notable in the Chrome 60 release:

Enable VP9 in MP4 by default -- Removed command line switch --enable-vp9-in-mp4.

Add username field discovery heuristic -- This feature has been designed for cases where Chrome's auto-completion feature cannot find a username field. This can happen if fields are created dynamically. Chrome will search for the closest "visible auto-complete non-password" field in this case and pick it as as the username field.

Autofill username when the user interacts with the password field -- Chrome's auto-complete feature will fill out the username automatically when a user interacts with the password field on a site displaying a login form. This is only the case if the user has not supplied data to the user field already.

Incognito Mode coloring -- Background, grid and URL bar are colored when in Incognito Mode. this is very good Biggrin

Wrap large IndexedDB values into Blobs before writing to LevelDB

Add keyboard navigation and selection to bookmark list -- Navigate bookmarks using arrow keys, use Shift to select multiple bookmarks, and CTRL for selecting individual bookmarks.

Raise memory limit in the GPU process's sandbox on Windows -- If machine has more than 8 GB physical memory, allow 8 GB in the sandbox; similarly for 16 GB.

Enable geolocation by default for non-Google default search engines --This has already been enabled by default for Google search engines. This change brings non-

Google search engines into line.
(07-27-2017, 10:34 AM)reactor Wrote: Here are some of the changes that are notable in the Chrome 60 release:

Enable VP9 in MP4 by default -- Removed command line switch --enable-vp9-in-mp4.

Add username field discovery heuristic -- This feature has been designed for cases where Chrome's auto-completion feature cannot find a username field. This can happen if fields are created dynamically. Chrome will search for the closest "visible auto-complete non-password" field in this case and pick it as as the username field.

Autofill username when the user interacts with the password field -- Chrome's auto-complete feature will fill out the username automatically when a user interacts with the password field on  a site displaying a login form. This is only the case if the user has not supplied data to the user field already.

Incognito Mode coloring -- Background, grid and URL bar are colored when in Incognito Mode. this is very good Biggrin

Wrap large IndexedDB values into Blobs before writing to LevelDB

Add keyboard navigation and selection to bookmark list -- Navigate bookmarks using arrow keys, use Shift to select multiple bookmarks, and CTRL for selecting individual bookmarks.

Raise memory limit in the GPU process's sandbox on Windows -- If machine has more than 8 GB physical memory, allow 8 GB in the sandbox; similarly for 16 GB.

Enable geolocation by default for non-Google default search engines --This has already been enabled by default for Google search engines. This change brings non-

Google search engines into line.

So many improvements, we should hurry up.
Can you add option of pre-render and prefetch like it released on 360EE? They have bult-in option of that functions and dont use any 3-rd part services.
Edit: I was able to restore my last session tabs by reinstalling the deleted extensions responsible for saving my tabs because apparently the data from the deleted extensions were not deleted but sadly I couldn't remember most of the extensions that were installed
(07-26-2017, 04:46 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: May be fault of the latest Flash plugin, what about HTML5 sites like youtube.com?Is it also lagging?

Probably something was wrong with my profile. After completely deleting my profile it got better. 9gag is also normal now, A bit slow as other flash based sites but nothing compared to previous issues. I'm wondering what were the problems that were causing those laggings.