Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Cent Browser 2.6.5.52(for Windows) Released
I read a lot about those changes on chromium bug report website...and I'm happy to see I'm not the only one who thinks this new behavior is not coherent, useless and really stupid.
But it seems Chromium devs are self-centered and do not care at all on users...I'll have to live with it (there are more important things in a life, after all)

BTW I tried the new revision (both x86 and x64, portable or "normal") on various computers, and it's really hard to make it work...previous beta did exactly the same, I explain :

- first launch, everything seems to work as expected (fresh installation or upgrade)
- I close CB
- then, troubles are coming : CB does not launch anymore (2 processes are launched, but nothing appears on screen)
- if I kill one of the two processes, CB pops up immediately
- if I don't do that...processes are still running, but I can't do anything (CB does not appear at all)

it seems that a process is waiting for something...I don't know if it's related in any way, but it seems to happen on computers where I did not log into my google account. Could it be CB waiting for an input from user (even if I didn't see any popup at launch asking for such a thing)

I have experienced this bug under Windows 10 and Windows 7, with portable and normal version, with or without userdata. Even safemode does not work everytime.
I tried with standard setup in Program files (I took ownership on the folder to avoid admin restrictions), in a folder where I can read/write, UAC disabled

Same computers, but with an old build, everything works as expected.

I don't know what to do, this is really annoying and I don't understand what's wrong.

EDIT : nevermind. This version is so buggy with multimedia files (lot's of lag when playing videos, websites unresponsive, etc.) that I will stay on 2.5.6.57 for a very long time...This is the first time I see so much downgrade in performance, there is really something wrong in chromium 58.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cent Browser 2.6.5.52(for Windows) Released - by badablek - 05-31-2017, 08:40 PM