Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Cent Browser 2.6.5.52(for Windows) Released
CentBrowser
How in the new version to return the icons of some extensions to the address bar?
Screen:
2.5.6.57 (64-bit) (portable)
[Image: uuYpgwp.jpg]
v 2.6.5.49 (64-bit) (portable)
[Image: SneetUS.jpg]
Hi! Tell me please, how I can correctly update x32 ver. to x64 ver. cent? Because an error has appear after install x64 ver. atop x32 ver.
(05-26-2017, 06:14 PM)dinata Wrote: Thanks for this one.
[Bug fixes]--user-data-dir has no effect in startup command line
No more extension installation issue with this build.

So far no performance regression on this non PGO build.
Btw, is there any chance for Cent 64-bit WPO build on future release?

Thank you, we will look into WPO build.
(05-26-2017, 10:33 PM)RDS Wrote: CentBrowser
How in the new version to return the icons of some extensions to the address bar?
Screen:
2.5.6.57 (64-bit) (portable)
[Image: uuYpgwp.jpg]
v 2.6.5.49 (64-bit) (portable)
[Image: SneetUS.jpg]

Sorry the related code was removed from Chromium codebase, so the command line --extension-action-redesign=0 has no effect now.
(05-27-2017, 11:12 AM)Fighter4Freedom Wrote: Hi! Tell me please, how I can correctly update x32 ver. to x64 ver. cent? Because an error has appear after install x64 ver. atop x32 ver.

Try deleting these two registry item and install again:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\CentBrowser
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\CentBrowser

Please remember the location of your User Data directory.
(05-27-2017, 04:29 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: Sorry the related code was removed from Chromium codebase, so the command line --extension-action-redesign=0 has no effect now.

Does it mean that CB will never be able to use the command line "--extension-action-redesign=0" again ?

Hope not, or I will need to find another browser or stick on an old build, because all those icons in the main interface are stupid : when an extension is made for ONE website, why the hell would we overload the interface with an icon that will be used 1% of the time ?

Now imagine with 10 extensions, specifically designed for one site...And I didn't even counter all the other "general" extensions (adblock, smoothscrollerator, anti-adblock killer, etc.)

I really really don't understand chrome/chromium developers's point of view with this shitty Material Design and this obsession to overload a clean interface with dozen of unwanted and useless icons. ps : Hiding those icons in the main menu is not a good answer nor a good solution !

I really hope that you will take in consideration those who don't want unwanted icons in front of view  Sad
(05-28-2017, 09:40 AM)badablek Wrote: Does it mean that CB will never be able to use the command line "--extension-action-redesign=0" again ?

Hope not, or I will need to find another browser or stick on an old build, because all those icons in the main interface are stupid : when an extension is made for ONE website, why the hell would we overload the interface with an icon that will be used 1% of the time ?

Now imagine with 10 extensions, specifically designed for one site...And I didn't even counter all the other "general" extensions (adblock, smoothscrollerator, anti-adblock killer, etc.)

I really really don't understand chrome/chromium developers's point of view with this shitty Material Design and this obsession to overload a clean interface with dozen of unwanted and useless icons. ps : Hiding those icons in the main menu is not a good answer nor a good solution !

I really hope that you will take in consideration those who don't want unwanted icons in front of view  Sad

Is this feature so important?
We feel that where to display the extension icons is not a big deal.
(05-27-2017, 04:31 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: Try deleting these two registry item and install again:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\CentBrowser
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\CentBrowser

Please remember the location of your User Data directory.

I did it, but after try to run cent an error has appear...

(05-28-2017, 12:53 PM)Fighter4Freedom Wrote: I did it, but after try to run cent an error has appear...

please try portable version.
(05-28-2017, 02:47 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: please try portable version.

I don't want to use port. ver.