Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Cent Browser 2.5.6.57(for Windows) Released
Big Grin 
(04-09-2017, 03:01 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: A notable change is the background image feature of new tab. You can select either an image or a folder as background.
If you select a folder, each time the new tab has a different background, we call this "Image browsing mode".
This option is at "Basics"->"New tab page"->"Use background image". Hope you enjoy it.

Release log:
https://www.centbrowser.com/history.html#2.5.6.57

32-bit installer       32-bit portable
64-bit installer       64-bit portable

Nice!  Biggrin

[Image: 2ed83nc.png]
Hello,
Thanks for the new version,
But there is a problem, I use FVD Speed Dial and before this last version the links from other applications were opened in a new tab. Now, they replace the tab "Speed Dial"!
Thus I returned to the previous version …
(04-11-2017, 05:19 AM)Oliver. Wrote: Hello,
Thanks for the new version,
But there is a problem, I use FVD Speed Dial and before this last version the links from other applications were opened in a new tab. Now, they replace the tab "Speed Dial"!
Thus I returned to the previous version …

Yes, we have change this behavior.
Always use new tab priorly, this is common convention of Chromium browsers.
(04-11-2017, 09:09 AM)CentBrowser Wrote: Yes, we have change this behavior.
Always use new tab priorly, this is common convention of Chromium browsers.

Thanks, there is no option to change this behavior ?
(04-11-2017, 09:26 AM)Oliver. Wrote: Thanks, there is no option to change this behavior ?

Sorry, there is no option for external link currently.
But you can do it alternatively, activate the tab left to the new tab before clicking any external link.
(04-11-2017, 10:46 AM)CentBrowser Wrote: Sorry, there is no option for external link currently.
But you can do it alternatively, activate the tab left to the new tab before clicking any external link.

I use about 200 external links by day!
(04-11-2017, 11:45 AM)Oliver. Wrote: I use about 200 external links by day!

We really didn't think of that, so there may need an option for external links.
But why it matters if the browser takes an unused new tab?
(04-11-2017, 12:52 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: But why it matters if the browser takes an unused new tab?

Because I use a lot FVD Speed Dial and when it's replaced by external link, always reopen it with new tab command!
(04-11-2017, 01:05 PM)Oliver. Wrote: Because I use a lot FVD Speed Dial and when it's replaced by external link, always reopen it with new tab command!

Well, we will consider to add an option.
Thanks for that…