Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My cent is broken
Don't know what happened, just browsing and all of a sudden i notice my browse broke down. The extensions i have installed are also broken, i can't download anything, it don't show the download box. But when i exit out the browser it shows "Downloads in progress" cancel or continue downloading, something along those lines but there's nothing in the downloads list?. This happened to me two times. The first time i gave up and reinstalled the whole software losing all my data and extensions. Now this time i don't want to reinstall because i know there's a solution to fix this without deleting any files. Any idea on how to fix this?

Cheers.
May it be a crash case?
Whatever happened, Please remember backuping your User Data periodically or using Google account synchronization.
Please find and send us(centbrwforum@gmail.com) the .dmp files under C:\Users\<YourName>\AppData\CentBrowser\User Data\Crashpad.
Thank you.
There is another possibility.The upgrading installer Maight be blocked by your anti-virus, causing curruption of installed files.
and You May check your extension compatibility one by one, they also have the ability to corrupt the browser.
(02-06-2017, 07:29 AM)CentBrowser Wrote: There is another possibility.The upgrading installer Maight be blocked by your anti-virus, causing curruption of installed files.
and You May check your extension compatibility one by one, they also have the ability to corrupt the browser.

I can be a sure of it's not my extensions. Also Cent is completely whitelisted from my ESET AV. 
I don't see the .dmp file extensions in the folder? I have CrashpadMetrics.pma

Cheers.

Wait i got it, i sent you a mail.
(02-06-2017, 07:37 AM)Adz Wrote: I can be a sure of it's not my extensions. Also Cent is completely whitelisted from my ESET AV. 
I don't see the .dmp file extensions in the folder? I have CrashpadMetrics.pma

Cheers.

Wait i got it, i sent you a mail.

Can You attach a video or screenshot, to show what it looks like after broken?
Do i send you the whole crashpad folder or just the dump files in the reports folder?

I don't know what type of example to show you. All i can say is my browser is broken. I can browse the web but other stuff like extensions, downloading, etc... won't work.
(02-06-2017, 07:47 AM)Adz Wrote: Do i send you the whole crashpad folder or just the dump files in the reports folder?

I don't know what type of example to show you. All i can say is my browser is broken. I can browse the web but other stuff like extensions, downloading, etc... won't work.

Please send the dump files in the reports folder.
Which extensions were broken?
Did the browser upgrade itself recently, This accident happened exactly after an upgrasion?
I sent the crash dumps to centbrwforum@gmail.com. Check it out. I have no idea how this happened, i don't think this is because of an upgrade because this is a full clean installation. All the extensions are broken
(02-06-2017, 08:12 AM)Adz Wrote: I sent the crash dumps to centbrwforum@gmail.com. Check it out. I have no idea how this happened, i don't think this is because of an upgrade because this is a full clean installation. All the extensions are broken

Thank you, have You got a Skype id?
We can contact You In few days.
(02-06-2017, 09:08 AM)CentBrowser Wrote: Thank you, have You got a Skype id?
We can contact You In few days.

PM'd you.