Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
backup tool
Hello everyone,
Would you please tell me which backup tool would work best for Cent Browser ?
I'm looking for something similar with MozBackup / Hekasoft Backup, so i could backup and restore everything ( addons, settings, passwords, bookmarks, etc )
Any advices are welcome, thank you in advance
Just coping entire User Data directory is enough, you can remove the Cache directory inside it.
All data of Chrome browsers is stored in User Data.
Okay, i will give it a try right now, thank you
Thanks, guys, its okay now
I have one question, offtopic : does the Magic Actions for Youtube not working on Cent Browser ?!
I can't make it work, at all
(01-23-2017, 10:50 AM)blue_ Wrote: Thanks, guys, its okay now
I have one question, offtopic : does the Magic Actions for Youtube not working on Cent Browser ?!
I can't make it work, at all

Please use safemode.bat to run the browser and then install the latest Magic Actions for Youtube again.
If it works well, then there may be some conflicts between Magic Actions for Youtube and other extensions.
Okay, i was able to make it work the Magic Actions for Youtube, but i still don't understand how to backup the entire browser, with all the settings, addons, passwords, bookmarks, etc
I just made a quick test ( with the folder from User Data )
So, i unclicked 2-3 addons, and then i copy - paste the backup folder, back to the location
Those 2-3 addons remained unclicked. If i use Hekasoft Backup tool, for some other browser, when i unclick some addons or whatever, after i restore with Hekasoft, everything is like it was it before.
I would like to find a solution to have a full and 100 % backup of the browser
Thank you
(01-25-2017, 11:43 AM)blue_ Wrote: Okay, i was able to make it work the Magic Actions for Youtube, but i still don't understand how to backup the entire browser, with all the settings, addons, passwords, bookmarks, etc
I just made a quick test ( with the folder from User Data )
So, i unclicked 2-3 addons, and then i copy - paste the backup folder, back to the location
Those 2-3  addons remained unclicked. If i use Hekasoft Backup tool, for some other browser, when i unclick some addons or whatever, after i restore with Hekasoft, everything is like it was it before.
I would like to find a solution to have a full and 100 % backup of the browser
Thank you

Are You using installed version? If You want to share the same User Data among different computers, You Should use portable version.
What's the difference between portable and installer, actually?
Yes, i use the installer version
If i use the portable, could i backup / restore everything, 100 % as i described in the post above?
Thank you
(01-29-2017, 01:39 PM)blue_ Wrote: What's the difference between portable and installer, actually?
Yes, i use the installer version
If i use the portable, could i backup / restore everything, 100 % as i described in the post above?
Thank you

the only difference is the algorithm used to encrypt your settings data, the installed version uses current user's credential so You can't move it as will.but for portable version You can do that.