Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cent Browser 2.3.5.32(for Windows) Released
(01-12-2017, 06:41 PM)user Wrote: Also seen in safemode & Google Chrome 55.

Sometimes it'll load instantly (like it used to), other times it'll take a second, sometimes two.

Video example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX5fWPuJLnE

|The second click showcases a substantial delay, the fourth & fifth has some but less. I think it depends on how fast you're clicking the icon.

This should be a regression bug of Chromium 55.
We have tested Canary 57 and it is OK.
@rch: I'm using a 14'' laptop so every pixel counts, the extensions I'm using all look fine with smaller icons.
Is the badges you mentioned the one where we hide extension icons from toolbar? If so, we don't see them that often anyway.
(01-12-2017, 06:51 PM)badablek Wrote: maybe you can make a poll for Material / Non Material Design ? (of course you have my vote to KEEP non MD ! Biggrin )
if there is little chance to keep non MD in future releases, I'd be really thankful

you already know my thinking about Material Design : ugly, not intuitive, stupid
the interface is full of unwanted icons (all extensions appear with MD, what a shame) and makes it unclear

google has a lot of ideas, but a lot of bad ones too ! MD is clearly a mistake on a COMPUTER (even if Google doesn't want to recognize it...). Yes, it can be nice on smartphones, because size does matter on it, but not on a 24/27" screen ! I really don't care to have a unique interface between chrome, chrome OS and smartphones !

I'm happy to see I'm not the only one who hates that (bad) interface. (I'm still on 2.1.9.50 because of that Rolleyes )

We can change the toolbar icon size and etc.
But we should better not to remove full MD style, there are too much work to do.
(Chrome team started development of MD from 2014)
And there will be even more work to do after Chromium fully switched to MD.
(01-13-2017, 04:09 AM)borankili Wrote: I like cent browser design. But I wanna ask one thing about settings, history, extension pages etc.. How can I change background color of these pages to black? I use deluminate extension for web pages and its good but I can not find a way set to black background color only for that pages.

Extensions are restricted from modifying local pages(chrome://xxx), this is a security limitation.
You can use this option:
"Under he hood"->"Browsing"->"Use custom background color for web pages".
But I suggest you choose gray or a light color instead of black, because some elements may become unreadable under black background.
(01-13-2017, 03:04 PM)rch Wrote: The old UI had big icons? I think the difference is only about 3 pixels between old and new icon sizes, but the new ones look bad because I guess need to be resized. The new badges look even more terrible and are virtually unreadable.

Yes, they only have 3-pixels difference.
(01-13-2017, 02:40 PM)tetsu Wrote: @Gioppy: +1
I don't love MD but hate the old UI with these big icons.
Contrary to many comments here, I'd love to have smaller icons, toolbars,...

I have issues with extensions' fly-out menus too, maybe a chromium bug?

Yes, it is a Chromium bug.
But may disappear in 56.
(01-13-2017, 04:48 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: We can change the toolbar icon size and etc.
But we should better not to remove full MD style, there are too much work to do.

Removing MD it's not needed. We just need options to customize font, height, and width of the top bar, so every one can customize it according to his/her own needs. Is it very difficult to develop such feature, or it could be easily done?
(01-13-2017, 04:45 PM)tetsu Wrote: @rch: I'm using a 14'' laptop so every pixel counts, the extensions I'm using all look fine with smaller icons.
Is the badges you mentioned the one where we hide extension icons from toolbar? If so, we don't see them that often anyway.

No, badges are the overlays on the toolbar icons, to show number of ads blocked, number of emails etc. They might look OK on a laptop or device when you sit close to the screen, but for me, on a desktop PC where you sit a bit further away they are almost unreadable. The odd thing is the badges are the same size in v54 and v55, it's only the font size inside the badge that was changed by Google for some dumb reason.

In fact, it would not matter to you if the icons were the new size or the old size as they both occupy the same amount of space next to the address bar. The only difference is the new icons inside their allotted space are smaller and spaced further apart.

(01-13-2017, 04:48 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: We can change the toolbar icon size and etc.

I'd be perfectly happy with the old toolbar icon size.  Wink
(01-13-2017, 05:15 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: Extensions are restricted from modifying local pages(chrome://xxx), this is a security limitation.
You can use this option:
"Under he hood"->"Browsing"->"Use custom background color for web pages".
But I suggest you choose gray or a light color instead of black, because some elements may become unreadable under black background.

Thanks for your suggest. But I mean I wanna dark background color for only local pages(chrome://xxx), I dont wanna it for all web pages cause Im happy with Deluminate. I think there is no way cause I tried everything Smile
I don't have much complaint about the UI or MD(which i think is OK!). I prefer to have a stable browser over some cosmetic changes in the browser.