Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cent Browser 2.3.5.32(for Windows) Released
(01-11-2017, 07:03 PM)Gioppy Wrote: @CentBrowser: The icons are smaller, the font in the url-bar is smaller, and the tab-name font is smaller. Please make an option to revert back to non-Material, or at least to customize font and icon size. THANK YOU!

There is much work to do if we add back non-MD, we want to know whether if there are a lot of users hate MD.
(01-11-2017, 09:32 PM)user Wrote: Noticing that extensions' fly-out menus (what opens when you click their icons in the toolbar) load slowly in this release.

Unrelated feature request: option to disable 'disable developer extensions' messages.

We have not experienced this regression.
Can you compare it with Chrome 55, or try running the browser with safemode.bat?(under the same directory with chrome.exe)
Video 
(01-12-2017, 05:46 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: We have not experienced this regression.
Can you compare it with Chrome 55, or try running the browser with safemode.bat?(under the same directory with chrome.exe)

Also seen in safemode & Google Chrome 55.

Sometimes it'll load instantly (like it used to), other times it'll take a second, sometimes two.

Video example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX5fWPuJLnE

|The second click showcases a substantial delay, the fourth & fifth has some but less. I think it depends on how fast you're clicking the icon.
maybe you can make a poll for Material / Non Material Design ? (of course you have my vote to KEEP non MD ! Biggrin )
if there is little chance to keep non MD in future releases, I'd be really thankful

you already know my thinking about Material Design : ugly, not intuitive, stupid
the interface is full of unwanted icons (all extensions appear with MD, what a shame) and makes it unclear

google has a lot of ideas, but a lot of bad ones too ! MD is clearly a mistake on a COMPUTER (even if Google doesn't want to recognize it...). Yes, it can be nice on smartphones, because size does matter on it, but not on a 24/27" screen ! I really don't care to have a unique interface between chrome, chrome OS and smartphones !

I'm happy to see I'm not the only one who hates that (bad) interface. (I'm still on 2.1.9.50 because of that Rolleyes )
(01-11-2017, 09:32 PM)user Wrote: Noticing that extensions' fly-out menus (what opens when you click their icons in the toolbar) load slowly in this release.
Confirm. Portable x32.
CentBrowser
I also hate MD, give back non-MD! In our favorite browser will have its own exclusive! Smile
I like cent browser design. But I wanna ask one thing about settings, history, extension pages etc.. How can I change background color of these pages to black? I use deluminate extension for web pages and its good but I can not find a way set to black background color only for that pages.
(01-12-2017, 05:44 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: There is much work to do if we add back non-MD, we want to know whether if there are a lot of users hate MD.

Do not remove MD. Simply add options to customize font size, and widths and heights of each item of the browser.
As you can see from replies, there are a lot of users unhappy for MD Sad
@Gioppy: +1
I don't love MD but hate the old UI with these big icons.
Contrary to many comments here, I'd love to have smaller icons, toolbars,...

I have issues with extensions' fly-out menus too, maybe a chromium bug?
(01-13-2017, 02:40 PM)tetsu Wrote: @Gioppy: +1
I don't love MD but hate the old UI with these big icons.
Contrary to many comments here, I'd love to have smaller icons, toolbars,...

I have issues with extensions' fly-out menus too, maybe a chromium bug?

The old UI had big icons? I think the difference is only about 3 pixels between old and new icon sizes, but the new ones look bad because I guess need to be resized. The new badges look even more terrible and are virtually unreadable.