Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cent is slowing me down
Tongue 
Hello,

I don't know if it's me or the browser but comodo dragon seems to be more nippy than cent browser. What am i doing wrong that cent is slow at loading pages?

I have "Single extenstion process" Enabled
Also have "Purge memory at intervals of minutes" Enabled
Should i disable one of them?

My rig is currently holding 3GB of ram with AMD athlon II x4 630 CPU

Any ideas?

Cheers!
The two options can be enabled without harm.
Are you using 64-bit version?
If so please try 32-bit.
(12-28-2016, 04:29 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: The two options can be enabled without harm.
Are you using 64-bit version?
If so please try 32-bit.

Indeed i'm using 64bit, what difference would it make if i'd use 32bit?

Cheers!
(12-28-2016, 04:31 PM)Adz Wrote: Indeed i'm using 64bit, what difference would it make if i'd use 32bit?

Cheers!

There is no difference for general use.
And 32-bit is recommended, for most plugin manufactures provide 32-bit only.
So 32-bit has better compatibility.
(12-30-2016, 04:24 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: There is no difference for general use.
And 32-bit is recommended, for most plugin manufactures provide 32-bit only.
So 32-bit has better compatibility.

I don't think i can change to 32 bit, i have all my data in my current browser. It will take forever to move all the stuff to 32 bit version.
CentBrowser (x86 or x64) uses exactly the same folder for your data...it will take exactly 0 second to "move" it, because it doesn't have to.
Parameters, and even opened tabs (if CB is set to do it, of course), will be shared and restored.

you can also have CB32 and CB64 installed at the same time, for example in "Program Files (x86)" and "Program Files", if you want.

Don't take it personally, but you should just try before making (false) assumption, CentBrowser team knows its own program better than anybody, don't you think ?

Happy new year everyone.
and thank you CentBrowser team !
(12-31-2016, 11:42 AM)badablek Wrote: CentBrowser (x86 or x64) uses exactly the same folder for your data...it will take exactly 0 second to "move" it, because it doesn't have to.
Parameters, and even opened tabs (if CB is set to do it, of course), will be shared and restored.

you can also have CB32 and CB64 installed at the same time, for example in "Program Files (x86)" and "Program Files", if you want.

Don't take it personally, but you should just try before making (false) assumption, CentBrowser team knows its own program better than anybody, don't you think ?

Happy new year everyone.
and thank you CentBrowser team !

You got it wrong, i wasn't making false assumption. I have a slow computer and it takes me forever to move files or transfer or even uninstalling or installing a program, allow the rest.

PS. I actually like cent browser more than any other browser, cos it's so light unbelievable.
@Adz
What badablek wrote is exactly right, all 32/64 portable/installer versions can share the same User Data.
If you have an old machine, you should use 32-bit more reasonably because it consumes less memory.

Happy New Year all you guys.
[Image: happy_new_year_03.gif]
Again, don't take it personally, but :

Are you seriously trying to convince us that you are not able to install another CentBrowser on your "too slow" computer (which is clearly NOT the case with 3GB of ram an AMD athlon II x4 630 CPU) ? Then how did you installed the 64bit version... Cool

if installing a 40MB program is too slow on your computer, the problem is clearly not CentBrowser.

BTW you were talking about your "data" in your "current browser", not CB itself. You don't have to uninstall anything, just install the x86 version (not in the same folder as x64 version, of course)
Quote:i have all my data in my current browser.

You will not be able to help yourself if you don't even want to listen to us, and especially the developers of CB.
CB is NOT a heavy program that needs a lot of CPU power...and we are talking about the installer, not the program himself (the installer needs less power) !

I'm using CB (x64 and x86) on all my (various) computers, from ultra horse powered (ex : i7 4790k + GTX 1070 + SSD 1TB + 32GB RAM) to ultra low powered (ex : hybrid computer/tablet with 32GB of slow flash and 2GB of RAM), and it's working wonderfully, I never saw ANY slowdown or hiccups on any computer (my owns or my friends or my family, even on my professional computer). You should really try the 32bit version.
(12-31-2016, 02:51 PM)badablek Wrote: Again, don't take it personally, but :

Are you seriously trying to convince us that you are not able to install another CentBrowser on your "too slow" computer (which is clearly NOT the case with 3GB of ram an AMD athlon II x4 630 CPU) ? Then how did you installed the 64bit version... Cool

if installing a 40MB program is too slow on your computer, the problem is clearly not CentBrowser.

BTW you were talking about your "data" in your "current browser", not CB itself. You don't have to uninstall anything, just install the x86 version (not in the same folder as x64 version, of course)

You will not be able to help yourself if you don't even want to listen to us, and especially the developers of CB.
CB is NOT a heavy program that needs a lot of CPU power...and we are talking about the installer, not the program himself (the installer needs less power) !

I'm using CB (x64 and x86) on all my (various) computers, from ultra horse powered (ex : i7 4790k + GTX 1070 + SSD 1TB + 32GB RAM) to ultra low powered (ex : hybrid computer/tablet with 32GB of slow flash and 2GB of RAM), and it's working wonderfully, I never saw ANY slowdown or hiccups on any computer (my owns or my friends or my family, even on my professional computer). You should really try the 32bit version.

32bit is the one okay.

To be honest i don't even know if i'm actually am using 64bit version. How do i find out what bit version i'm using?