Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Suggestion] Support old Plugins and OS.
Information 
This is a blatant suggestion on my part Shy  but I see no other way out.

Cent Browser is developing rapidly and has many useful features for end user, unlike Chromium and Google Chrome.
In Cent 1.7.6.15/1.8.9.28 (48/49) no longer work NPAPI plugins. In Chromium 50 already cut code for XP and Vista, so Cent Browser team will be difficult to maintain these OS.

I propose to create on basis of version 1.6.10.21 or older (it does not matter, at discretion Cent Browser team) stable updated build with full support NPAPI and old OS. Analogue Firefox ESR (Extended Support Release), with the gradual addition of new useful features (eg. Startup Command line switches, Tab positioning, etc.).

Yes, two branches of browser development not easy to maintain, but positive effects I can note that in major version Cent, would not need to test and to take care of compatibility with older plugins, certificates, OS, etc. All users that want to use older technology, can be sent on this old version.

Another argument in favor of this build is that many users of Windows 7, 8, 10 need support Unity, Java Applet, Silverlight, many corporate decisions based on NPAPI... but they are now forced to use Firefox. With this build can easily use familiar browser 2-3 years.

Just please don't say just "No". Think about this proposal. Who still uses Windows XP or Vista will not hurry. We can wait patiently. We do not care which version number of Chrome under the hood at Cent Browser - 49, 47, 44 or 35... It is important that browser can properly display and play the web content, which Chrome can not already do.

I wish Cent Browser team every success in their work and hope for a positive decision on this issue  Rolleyes

Messages In This Thread
[Suggestion] Support old Plugins and OS. - by NotWindbag - 03-25-2016, 11:56 PM