Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pop-up video screen can effectively kill session and tabs!!
I was watching some video in that pop-up browser screen. Probably video ended and i didn't notice while working in other tabs, one thing sure - i lost video pop-up from view, thinking i probably closed it. Some time later i ended my work, closed browser as usual, and here i see that video pop-up is still there! 
No questions/alerts while closing main window(like say FF alerts), no propositions to restore session on next start - it just killed my whole session with more than a hundred tabs over last few weeks of work!! I can presume, since Cent for some reason uses not really a pop-up, but a "transformation of whole tab with video into small hover screen", this leftover was considered by browser as an another normal window, resulting into killing my normal proper main without any restrictions.  

WHY?? Why there is no alerts, no protection of Main, no proper backup, no way to at least manually restore last tabs?(especially since such an un-safe "workaround transformation" used instead of a proper pop-up) 
I managed to preserve session file before browser would gladly erase/overwrite that too on next run, but the tabs list was no where to be found.

So is there some secret way to restore that from session file? i tried to search over forum, the closest theme topic was not answered.
Does Cent really that un-safe, not being able to preserve most important data?!

Messages In This Thread
Pop-up video screen can effectively kill session and tabs!! - by rey - 03-21-2024, 02:40 PM