Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[possible bug] High CPU usage on Facebook ?
Question 
Hi CentBrowser team,

since the latest revisions (3.4.3.25 / 3.4.3.39, don't know if it was the case in previous releases), I'm experimenting abnormal high CPU usage with Facebook. This website is pinned, I browse some websites but after some time (5 minutes maybe ?), if I return to the facebook tab, it suddenly eats up 15% of my CPU (which is really high) and scrolling becomes extremely choppy. I have to refresh the tab to stop that CPU peak.

I'm not doing anything fancy, just browsing some "light" websites, with 5 to 10 tabs opened.
(My computer : i7 4790k + 32GB Ram + GTX 1070 + SSD under Windows 10 1803)

Can you confirm this ? Tried under 3.4.3.25 x64 (installed version with my favorites extensions : uBlock Origin, Anti adblock killer, Iridium, Shortcuts for Google, WhatFont) and 3.4.3.39 x64 (portable version, fresh "install", no extension, no changes in parameters)

After some time, high CPU usage (until I hit refresh)

After a refresh

Thanks in advance

EDIT : I also tried 3.4.3.39 x64 portable in safemode. Same results. If I open and let facebook tab for a while (even without doing anything), go to an other tab and return to facebook, CPU rises from 1/2% to 15% with choppy scrolling

Messages In This Thread
[possible bug] High CPU usage on Facebook ? - by badablek - 05-31-2018, 07:38 PM