Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Cent Browser 3.1.5.52(for Windows) Released
(02-16-2018, 03:25 AM)ufuksarp Wrote: This is getting ridicuolous. After installing 3.2.4.23 and trying to match what I had before, I got close with it. BUT Developer Console tabs and Chrome's UI text is even worse now.

Seems there are 3 different configurations for the text rendering in the code.
1 - For the UI
2 - For the content
3 - For the Developer Console tabs (And whatever else)

Also I guess whatever you did wasn't just a simple gamma change because adjusting gamma alone wasn't going to fix. I had to play with the contrast also.

@CentBrowser

Can you dig that code and unite these together? Would that be possible? Or would it break stuff?

Going back to 3.0.4.29 once again.
Right, seems there are 3 different rendering effects, but so is Chrome(legacy version with DW disabled). 

Further more,the way that Mactype's gamma  affects Cent & Chrome is not the same as windows explorer(or browser UI).
That's why I suggested Cent to change the gamma, and, I guess they just changed gamma.

Try this Mactype configuration to make the rendering effect "right" first——same color and same bold as non-rendering. This may mostly make Chrome series & windows explorer look familar.
Keep not changing this:
Code:
[General@chrome.exe]
GammaValue=1.0
;Chrome series has its own gamma(now Cent corrected), keep Mactype from changing it again, 1.0/1.1 is fine.
[General]
HintingMode=1
GammaMode=0
GammaValue=1.4
LcdFilter=2
TextTuningR=-1
TextTuningG=-1
TextTuningB=-1
NormalWeight=0
BoldWeight=0
Contrast=1.0
Shadow=1,1,0,0,0,0
;turning off shadow is highly recommended, because text shadow in Cent is quite different from windows explorer, it's ugly

Based on the forepart mentioned, you may see grey& low contrast text, then try changing this to improve:
Code:
LcdFilterWeight=0,65,155,65,0
;means the saturation of each stroke of a character, default is 16,64,112,64,16, increase the number to make the text darker(but not bolder, it's important), what's best depends on your monitor
RenderWeight=1
;1 means same bold as non-rendering,  try minor adjustment such as 1.2/1.3 if too thin

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cent Browser 3.1.5.52(for Windows) Released - by Storm - 02-16-2018, 05:24 AM