Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pop-up video screen can effectively kill session and tabs!!
(03-21-2024, 10:25 PM)badablek Wrote: just use "reopen latest closed tabs"...it will reopen all your "lost" tabs. Happened to me so much times I'm not able to count anymore, clicking this will do the job.

Centbrowser is hundred times MORE secure that any other browser, when it's about tabs. Before jumping your horse, search a little bit, be curious, keep cool...and try to click on the button  Sleepy

Oh, dear badablek, since it happened to you so many times, can you pretty please restore my session on your browser? No-no, it's not nonsense request, just like my browser overwrote old session files right on next run and gave me clear window with nothing to restore('cause i obviously had to restart browser to be able to write here), your browser has none of those files too - so it's really the best time to show how you can search.
Yet i'm sure you'll succeed, since you're not jumping your horse and obviously didn't take my message as mere "another silly user had couple windows opened and closed one", 'cause i specifically described that there was no actual second window, only that f**kn video pop-up.
Really looking forward to see how you can be cool and click on the button after browser restarts or inside a pop-up. Or maybe at least you can make hundred times more secure browser to read own old session file manually inserted somewhere, if that's even possible. Thank you.

(03-22-2024, 04:32 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: If you want to prevent the main window from being closed accidentally, you can enable this option:

And you can try Session Buddy or vapier's tabs backup, with them you will never lose your sessions.

CentBrowser
, i don't know what "Warn me when closing window with multiple tabs" has to do with described situation, 'cause that option merely nags user every single browser close, no matter if there are other windows or pop-ups. Yet it definitely doesn't alert about Main being closed while there are still other windows opened. Like say an additional window silently opened by some pesky advertisement script, sent behind, and being found only after Main is already closed and gone for good.
Since you said nothing about mentioned huge threat of potential data lose or proper ways of restoration, i guess i can take it as silent acknowledgement that those won't be addressed, and users just need to keep in mind this insecurity, keep away from pop-up feature, and so to say "protect themselves" with constant third party back-ups. 
BTW, thank you for proposed spike extensions.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pop-up video screen can effectively kill session and tabs!! - by rey - 03-23-2024, 10:35 PM