Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Page Unresponsive" error on some websites
Since my update from Cent Browser 5.0.1002.354, I regularly came across certain websites with the notification of a "Page Unresponsive" error.

Examples of "Page Unresponsive" Errors:
1) XDA Developers | 10 Chrome Flags you should consider enabling
2) Reuters  »  Sports  »  Formula1

[Image: RlmjVtSK_o.png]

[Image: YoOS4xqg_o.png]

Compared to other browsers Cent Browser is my favorite Chromium-based browser.
Cent Browser is a fantastic browser with unique user customization options and features, but the level of updates is a little disappointing.

With other Chromium based browsers that are currently up to date, I don't have that "Page Unresponsive" errors. Other Chromium based browser, that are focused on privacy, are close to each other but they don't offer some of the unique user customization options and features that Cent Browser offers.

The "Page Unresponsive" errors can be disappointing, but for me it's not easy to find a Chromium based browser to replace Cent Browser. Honestly, I don't want to replace Cent Browser as my main browser; I'm just longing for an updated version of Cent Browser, where the "Page Unresponsive" error is fixed.
Please try "Wipe browsing data" in the Help menu, and then disable all extensions temporarily.
Doesn't happen to me even after disabling my Adblocker (Ublock Origin)

[Image: image.png]

[Image: image.png]

Using Version 5.1.1130.129 (Official Build) (32-bit) (Portable)
(08-05-2024, 05:11 PM)ZenBeer Wrote: Doesn't happen to me even after disabling my Adblocker (Ublock Origin)

Using Version 5.1.1130.129 (Official Build) (32-bit) (Portable)

Thank you for sharing your browsing experience, that it doesn't happen after disabling uBlock Origin as your Adblocker.

After I disabled uBlock Origin at the webpages I indicated in the opening message of this topic, the "Page Unresponsive" errors didn't appear at my main browser profile with Cent Browser 5.1.1130.129 (Portable), but the loading process of that webpages was a little delayed. It can be helpful to turn off uBlock Origin at webpages with "Page Unresponsive" errors, but for me it doesn't work everywhere. 

After further searching for solutions to solve "Page Unresponsive" errors, at Why Pages Unresponsive on Google Chrome? Fix it Here I saw a solution to try the Incognito mode, and it works pretty well.

(08-05-2024, 05:04 PM)Admini Wrote: Please try "Wipe browsing data" in the Help menu, and then disable all extensions temporarily.

My main Cent Browser profile with 5.1.1130.129 (Portable) has a lot of extensions. Some of the extensions are active and some are disabled. Unfortunately I also have many tabs open. I guess it's not worth for me to disable all extensions temporarily and wiping all browsing data at my main Cent Browser profile. To follow your advise for turning off all extensions and clearing all browsing data, I created a new blank profile beside my main Cent Browser profile. I started a new blanc profile with Cent Browser 5.1.1130.129 and I didn't have any problem with "Page Unresponsive" errors at the websites I indicated in the opening message of this topic.

ZenBeer his clue to disable uBlock Origin can be useful to solve "Page Unresponsive" errors at a lot of web pages, but there are webpages where it doesn't help a lot to turn off uBlock Origin or uMatrix.

Beside turning off uBlock Origin to solve "Page Unresponsive" errors I've found a great solution at FonePaw » Why Pages Unresponsive on Google Chrome? Fix it Here to Try Incognito Windows Mode. The result of opening webpages with "Page Unresponsive" errors in the Incognito Window Mode is really amazing; the pages are loading fast and without any problem. Webpages that show "Page Unresponsive" errors in the normal mode, while uBlock Origin is turned off, are working properly in the Incognito mode; even when uBlock Origin is turned on and allowed in the Incognito mode. I guess there can be some things that interfere with some webpages to load in the normal mode, while that interfering things are turned off in the Incognito mode. 

[Image: yx2I9Ns7_o.png]
(08-05-2024, 05:04 PM)Admini Wrote: Please try "Wipe browsing data" in the Help menu, and then disable all extensions temporarily.

Thank you very much. After trying different solutions, your clue to "Wipe browsing data" in the Help menu is the best one.  Smile

I'm sorry that I misunderstood you at first; that I misinterpreted "Wipe browsing data" in the Help menu with "Clear browser data" (Ctrl+Shift+Delete). I was worried that necessary should browsing data would be erased. After trying other solutions as mentioned in my previous reply, I've made a copy of my main Cent Browser "User Data" directory and applied your instruction to try "Wipe browsing data" in the Help menu.

[Image: JSYcq4b0_o.png]

After pressing the OK button, Cent Browser was shutting down and a whole CMD Prompt list came across. By applying "Wipe browsing data" in the Help menu, there is no necessary browsing data erased, were I was worried about. After applying "Wipe browsing data" in the Help menu and restarting Cent Browser the "Page Unresponsive" errors are gone, and I don't need to open that pages in the Incognito mode to work properly; even without disabling uBlock Origin.

[Image: rOzLvCYW_o.png]
(08-07-2024, 04:31 PM)Sneisi Wrote: Thank you very much. After trying different solutions, your clue to "Wipe browsing data" in the Help menu is the best one.  Smile

I'm sorry that I misunderstood you at first; that I misinterpreted "Wipe browsing data" in the Help menu with "Clear browser data" (Ctrl+Shift+Delete). I was worried that necessary should browsing data would be erased. After trying other solutions as mentioned in my previous reply, I've made a copy of my main Cent Browser profile and applied your instruction to try "Wipe browsing data" in the Help menu.

[Image: JSYcq4b0_o.png]

After pressing the OK button, Cent Browser was shutting down and a whole CMD Prompt list came across. By applying "Wipe browsing data" in the Help menu, there is no necessary browsing data erased, were I was worried about. After applying "Wipe browsing data" in the Help menu and restarting Cent Browser the "Page Unresponsive" errors are gone, and I don't need to open that pages in the Incognito mode to work properly; even without disabling uBlock Origin.

[Image: rOzLvCYW_o.png]
Glad to know it has been solved.
If this is the case, it may be because your cache data is too large(which may cause IO timeout).
Photo 
(08-07-2024, 05:13 PM)Admini Wrote: Glad to know it has been solved.
If this is the case, it may be because your cache data is too large(which may cause IO timeout).

After some further investigation, I came to the conclusion that the Page Unresponsive errors in my browser profile are caused by the extension Filter Anything Everywhere that interferes with that pages.

In my previous message, I indicated that I've made a copy of my main Cent Browser "User Data" directory to try the Wipe browsing data feature with disabling the extensions. I've made another copy of my main Cent Browser "User Data" content as I backed it up before I applied the Wipe browsing data feature. I used the "User Data" copied content in a new profile directory with a new shortcut to redo the Wipe browsing data feature without disabling the extensions.

[Image: qQoK4FKW_o.png]

For the "User Data" directory I've redone the Wipe browsing data feature, the "Default" subfolder size shrunk from over 3 GB to about 690 MB. When I restarted my browser profile after the Wipe browsing data feature with CMD Prompt, the status of the extensions (which were enabled and which were disabled) was unchanged. Page Unresponsive errors were still appearing.

After I disabled all extensions with Extension Manager with Profiles the Page Unresponsive errors were gone. Then I turned on the extensions step by step, and reloaded the pages where Page Unresponsive errors appeared. After enabling Filter Anything Everywhere the Page Unresponsive errors appeared again. So, I came to the conclusion that the extension Filter Anything Everywhere is the cause for Page Unresponsive errors in my case. By white listing the websites in Filter Anything Everywhere where Page Unresponsive errors appeared, that Page Unresponsive errors don't appear again.

The Wipe browsing data feature in the Help menu is an amazing and unique cache data cleansing tool, I haven't seen at other Chromium based browsers in the (Help) menu. I wasn't familiar with it until I followed your advise to try the Wipe browsing data feature. I guess this tool contributes to a positive list of features why Cent Browser differs from other Chromium based browsers. The Wipe browsing data feature in the Help menu differs significantly compared to the well known Clear browsing data function (Ctrl+Shift+Del).

I checked some previous Cent Browser versions like 5.0.1002.354 and 5.1.1130.82, but  in that versions I haven't seen the Help menu the Wipe browsing data feature. It seems Wipe browsing data feature in the Help menu is a new added Deep clean browsing data feature since Cent Browser v5.1.1130.123.
(08-04-2024, 09:07 AM)Sneisi Wrote: Since my update from Cent Browser 5.0.1002.354, I regularly came across certain websites with the notification of a "Page Unresponsive" error.

Compared to other browsers Cent Browser is by far my most favorite Chromium based browser.
Cent Browser is a fantastic browser with unique user customization options and features, but the level of updates is a little disappointing.

With other Chromium based browsers that are currently up to date, I don't have that "Page Unresponsive" errors. Other Chromium based browser, that are focused on privacy, are close to each other but they don't offer some of the unique user customization options and features that Cent Browser offers.

The Page Unresponsive errors can be disappointing, but for me it's not easy to find a Chromium based browser to replace Cent Browser. Honestly, I don't want to replace Cent Browser as my main browser; I'm just longing for an updated version of Cent Browser, where the "Page Unresponsive" error is fixed.

I came to the conclusion that after my update from Cent Browser 5.0.1002.354 to newer versions, I added some keyword blocking extensions like EmoGuard - Keyword Blocker and Filter Anything Everywhere.

After I discovered that in my case the extension Filter Anything Everywhere is the main cause for Page Unresponsive errors, I tested my other profiles with Chromium based browsers that are up to date, where I thought that there were no Page Unresponsive errors, and in retrospect I was wrong about it. In my case, the appearance of Page Unresponsive errors is the same with up to date Chromium based browsers as for Cent Browser 5.1.1130.129, caused by Filter Anything Everywhere. Probably Filter Anything Everywhere was not installed or enabled in the up to date Chromium based browsers profiles where Page Unresponsive errors didn't appear.