CentBrowser Forum
STABLE version -- 4.2.10.171 - Printable Version

+- CentBrowser Forum (https://www.centbrowser.net/en)
+-- Forum: Product Related (https://www.centbrowser.net/en/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Release Channel (https://www.centbrowser.net/en/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: STABLE version -- 4.2.10.171 (/showthread.php?tid=3555)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

RE: STABLE version -- 4.2.10.171 - rch - 10-08-2020

(10-08-2020, 09:48 AM)Journeyover Wrote: What kinda bugs are you running into exactly? I've been running the browser for several hours now and have yet to run into a single issue/bug.

Read the last couple of pages, most or all the reported issues so far are reproducible.

A number of buttons in the Settings don't work, such as New tab > Use background image (File/Folder), Fast save image (Change), Custom style sheet (Change), and Use custom cache directory (Change).

I'm guessing general browsing will probably be fine for the most part but it's the settings and features specific to Cent where most of the problems will likely be.

As yet, we have no word from the devs about this beta or whether any of the reported issues are known about, are genuine unknown bugs, or are intentional (with the idea of release now, fix later).

RE: STABLE version -- 4.2.10.171 - cb-user - 10-08-2020

(10-08-2020, 09:48 AM)Journeyover Wrote: What kinda bugs are you running into exactly? I've been running the browser for several hours now and have yet to run into a single issue/bug.

Read above. All is said.
Also read the ru-board forum. A lot has been written too.

To whom everything is fine - that apparently does not get into the settings at all. And it does not use any functionality. Then there is nothing to talk about.

RE: STABLE version -- 4.2.10.171 - Robbin Banks - 10-08-2020

From ru-board there is not that much actually (except already mentioned not working buttons in settings)
DNS over HTTPS option is missing, third-party cookies option missing from incognito start page.
Also some complains that this version is slower, which I personally did not observe. Chrome was dropping more frames on youtube than Cent for me. Go figure
Thats why its a beta, right. Still changelog would be nice to have.

RE: STABLE version -- 4.2.10.171 - user_99 - 10-08-2020

Wow, really sad to read here all these negative postings. I can understand the some users want updates in frequently intervals, but cent has a small dev team and they make all the work for free!

So i'm happy to have a new version also with some bugs. They will fix a lot of them in the final version. If someone cannot live without, be so kind and use another browser.
Hopefully the devs won't stop the work on these nice peace of software, because of such posts...

To fix them, you have to name them all. To know what to fix. And not to say here that everything is fine. There are a lot of mistakes!
And it is not at all necessary to make new versions often on new Chromium engines. You just need to release patches on time and fix vulnerabilities on the current kernel.

All buttons for calling the Explorer dialogs - Open and Select a folder do not work.
The extension panel is nailed tightly, you cannot move it as before.

To hide unnecessary extension icons, this awful cuttlefish button has now been made. That cannot be removed.

RE: STABLE version -- 4.2.10.171 - Robbin Banks - 10-08-2020

(10-08-2020, 07:13 PM)cb-user Wrote: The extension panel is nailed tightly, you cannot move it as before.

To hide unnecessary extension icons, this awful cuttlefish button has now been made. That cannot be removed.

set this to disabled
chrome://flags/#extensions-toolbar-menu

RE: STABLE version -- 4.2.10.171 - jeffhere - 10-08-2020

(10-08-2020, 06:30 AM)cb-user Wrote: 4.3.8.130 - is the worst version of all that came before. There are a lot of bugs! Wherever possible. Read above.
Sent Cossacks! Don't write blatant nonsense! Don't mislead people! Let the developer fix all bugs!
running with 32 bit portable, works fine for me, no bugs.

(10-08-2020, 10:22 AM)cb-user Wrote: Read above. All is said.
Also read the ru-board forum. A lot has been written too.

To whom everything is fine - that apparently does not get into the settings at all. And it does not use any functionality. Then there is nothing to talk about.
read above, where? there are 30 pages of comments. You could be more specific and use the post number you want to reference.

(10-08-2020, 06:56 PM)ilovecentbrowser Wrote: In the latest beta I can't seem to update extensions manually in "chrome://extensions", it gets stuck on this:

[Image: bug.jpg]

I don't have this problem in v4.2.10.171, is it a known bug?
i checked and works ok for me. ends up with "extensions updated" prompt...(they didn't update but it checked. Using 32 bit portable version.

(10-08-2020, 07:13 PM)cb-user Wrote: All buttons for calling the Explorer dialogs - Open and Select a folder do not work.
The extension panel is nailed tightly, you cannot move it as before.

agree with the extension button...worthless to me and takes up space. Might be a chrome thing? Either way, hoping Cent can have an option to hide it.

(10-08-2020, 07:31 PM)Robbin Banks Wrote: set this to disabled
chrome://flags/#extensions-toolbar-menu
good solve, verified it worked. Hated that extension button! thx

RE: STABLE version -- 4.2.10.171 - rch - 10-08-2020

(10-08-2020, 07:51 PM)jeffhere Wrote: running with 32 bit portable, works fine for me, no bugs.

read above, where? there are 30 pages of comments. You could be more specific and use the post number you want to reference.

From page 28, all the information about the beta starts there.

All the bugs mentioned will likely be in the 32-bit version, the options bugs and the groups bug definitely are because I've just tried them.

The idea of a beta is to try out and test what you can to fix as many problems as possible before full release. If you just install it and carry on browsing without doing much else, you're less likely to encounter any issues.

RE: STABLE version -- 4.2.10.171 - jeffhere - 10-08-2020

(10-08-2020, 08:49 PM)rch Wrote: From page 28, all the information about the beta starts there.

All the bugs mentioned will likely be in the 32-bit version, the options bugs and the groups bug definitely are because I've just tried them.

The idea of a beta is to try out and test what you can to fix as many problems as possible before full release. If you just install it and carry on browsing without doing much else, you're less likely to encounter any issues.
i more vigorously test the features and options that I use with some regularity...others will test what they use, so we'll all have some overlap and many differences. If you find a bug and want help to verify by other users...do a post and be specific...then others can respond.

I'm waiting for the new beta topic...