CentBrowser Forum
STABLE version -- 4.0.9.112 - Printable Version

+- CentBrowser Forum (https://www.centbrowser.net/en)
+-- Forum: Product Related (https://www.centbrowser.net/en/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Release Channel (https://www.centbrowser.net/en/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: STABLE version -- 4.0.9.112 (/showthread.php?tid=2829)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: STABLE version -- 4.0.9.112 - Дмитрий Сакович - 09-23-2019

(09-23-2019, 10:05 AM)AnakhaSilver Wrote: Literally the problem is that I canNOT use something without the "disabled DirectWrite" option because otherwise I get serious migraines. So going "Just switch to other browsers!" is basically telling me you don't understand the core issue.

I use your browser because it's currently my only option outside of Firefox (which I don't use for other reasons, mainly their numerous problems that happen way too often for my taste--the recent add-ons debacle being an example of this).

It's like a wheelchair (which I use!), the "disable DirectWrite" flag. In my case, it's an accessibility feature as using ClearType never fixed a dang thing in Chrome. The font's too blurry and gives me a bad migraine, so no, I can't just switch to Chrome or other browsers until Cent catches up. It'd be like telling me to just stay home and not go anywhere because I don't have a choice in where I go and the medicine I need is no longer stocked at the one pharmacy I can access in my wheelchair.

Hi! Do You have real problems when using the current version of Cent for today?

RE: STABLE version -- 4.0.9.112 - AnakhaSilver - 09-24-2019

(09-23-2019, 10:20 AM)Дмитрий Сакович Wrote: Hi! Do You have real problems when using the current version of Cent  for today?

Since the latest Chromium update, which we're not on, I have to disable my net security to even access Cent's page because the browser is so far out of date that it combined with my net's security it actually just. Can't connect. I can access on other browsers, but not this.

As well, other sites throw up insecure browser warnings, plug-ins are having trouble working properly, etc.

So yeah, being this many versions out of date does present a problem.

I'm going to suggest, like I often do, to get more people on board to help make updating easier to do.

RE: STABLE version -- 4.0.9.112 - Дмитрий Сакович - 09-25-2019

(09-24-2019, 10:34 PM)AnakhaSilver Wrote: Since the latest Chromium update, which we're not on, I have to disable my net security to even access Cent's page because the browser is so far out of date that it combined with my net's security it actually just. Can't connect. I can access on other browsers, but not this.

As well, other sites throw up insecure browser warnings, plug-ins are having trouble working properly, etc.

Hi! You know, I participate in the discussion of Centbrowser in several of the most popular topics in Russia, plus I lead the Centbrowser group in VK. For the first time I hear this kind of communication. Maybe it's in the Centbrowser settings? Are you sure that it is in the Chromium 74?

(09-24-2019, 10:34 PM)AnakhaSilver Wrote: I'm going to suggest, like I often do, to get more people on board to help make updating easier to do.
how can this accelerate the appearance of the new version, do you think that the developer forgot that an update is needed?

(09-24-2019, 10:34 PM)AnakhaSilver Wrote: As well, other sites throw up insecure browser warnings, plug-ins are having trouble working properly, etc.
Can you describe the problems listed in detail? What sites and so on ...

And of course I want to thank you for participating in the development of Cent.

RE: STABLE version -- 4.0.9.112 - FlamenG - 09-25-2019

(09-24-2019, 10:34 PM)AnakhaSilver Wrote: Since the latest Chromium update, which we're not on, I have to disable my net security to even access Cent's page because the browser is so far out of date that it combined with my net's security it actually just. Can't connect. I can access on other browsers, but not this.

I'm going to suggest, like I often do, to get more people on board to help make updating easier to do.

I think the problem of the Centbrowser not being accepted as a secure browser is because its exe is not signed with a valid certificate. I think the new version itself won’t help here unless it is signed with the certificate.

RE: STABLE version -- 4.0.9.112 - AnakhaSilver - 09-25-2019

(09-25-2019, 02:35 AM)Дмитрий Сакович Wrote: Hi! You know, I participate in the discussion of Centbrowser in several of the most popular topics in Russia, plus I lead the Centbrowser group in VK.  For the first time I hear this kind of communication.  Maybe it's in the Centbrowser settings?  Are you sure that it is in the Chromium 74?

how can this accelerate the appearance of the new version, do you think that the developer forgot that an update is needed?

Can you describe the problems listed in detail?  What sites and so on ...

And of course I want to thank you for participating in the development of Cent.

1. I can visit it on Waterfox and on regular Chrome (though I only do it to check it out, don't stay long.)

2. It can accelerate by splitting the workload and allowing a faster release schedule. Instead of three people taking on a gigantic project, you can have a small team who each do something smaller, allowing a steadier release cycle where they update it more often. It took WEEKS to get an EMERGENCY update for a very bad security hole. That's not good. People are losing faith in Cent, and eventually will move on.

3. Add-ons keep disabling because I'm out-of-date with Chromium, and I've had to re-enable them a few times. Every time I start up I get a "Chrome is out of date, get the newest version!" warning. As it is, we're getting more and more behind.

Browsers aren't just updated for no reason, a big reason Chromium is updated so often is to patch security holes.

RE: STABLE version -- 4.0.9.112 - CentBrowser - 09-26-2019

Can you attach a screenshot about the security error?

RE: STABLE version -- 4.0.9.112 - AnakhaSilver - 09-28-2019

(09-26-2019, 12:04 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: Can you attach a screenshot about the security error?

It's a standard DNS can't connect error, but I can reach here if I turn off my net security. (TBF that seems to be just a standard error of being unable to connect regardless of what's blocking it.)

I actually initially thought you guys were down indefinitely for some reason. Then I turned that off and boom, here I am.

RE: STABLE version -- 4.0.9.112 - G.Roman - 10-01-2019

FlamenG
"I think the problem of the Centbrowser not being accepted as a secure browser is because its exe is not signed with a valid certificate. I think the new version itself won’t help here unless it is signed with the certificate."
---
It even has a .exe file that does not have its own name, like all other browsers. And it's called chrome.exe, not a cent.exe

Why does the Cent browser constantly want to access the webcam? Chrome and other browsers do not behave this way.

RE: STABLE version -- 4.0.9.112 - CentBrowser - 10-01-2019

(10-01-2019, 06:46 AM)G.Roman Wrote: FlamenG
"I think the problem of the Centbrowser not being accepted as a secure browser is because its exe is not signed with a valid certificate. I think the new version itself won’t help here unless it is signed with the certificate."
---
It even has a .exe file that does not have its own name, like all other browsers. And it's called chrome.exe, not a cent.exe

Why does the Cent browser constantly want to access the webcam? Chrome and other browsers do not behave this way.
It should be required by your opened websites or installed extensions.
You can just click the GREEN LOCK icon at the beginning of the address bar to disable webcam access.
Or block webcam access completely in chrome://settings/content/camera

RE: STABLE version -- 4.0.9.112 - dmitrah - 10-01-2019

(09-03-2019, 02:40 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: Should be in this month.
Hi, as I understand it, this promise, as above in August, is postponed to October? Undecided At least this year? Biggrin Thanks for the good browser, although it has been updating for a very long time.