Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BETA version -- 4.3.9.182
Found another issue: mouse gestures "Find selected text" for both "previous" and "next" only works on the same page. If a new tab is opened and I tried to use the gestures, it only brings up the Find selected text box at the top right, but doesn't actually perform the search. This is supposed to mimic the action of pressing F3 key.
Hi All,

Unfortunately, there are many countries that try to restrict people's freedom by censoring the internet.

Worst of all, a WEB browser is currently participating in this censorship action: Wink

Cent Browser (4.3.9.182 x64 portable) has forbidden its users from accessing the CCleaner site below. If dear developer explains why, we will be very happy.

https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner

Correction:

As soon as I noticed that I could not access CCleaner site with Cent Browser, I wrote this message; then, when I searched again, I found that the situation was the same in all Chromium-based browsers.

The event got very interesting; because there is no problem connecting to the site in question with Firefox and its derivatives.
Centbrowser 4.3.9.182 x64, vanilla (no tweaks, no extensions), works great :

Works also with the installed version...with various tweaks and extensions (ublock origin, anti adblock killer, etc.)
Tried also with Microsoft Edge, based on chromium 86.0.622.63

so, no, there is no conspiration with CentBrowser or any chromium-based browser.
(11-10-2020, 08:07 PM)taba Wrote: Hi All,

Unfortunately, there are many countries that try to restrict people's freedom by censoring the internet.

Worst of all, a WEB browser is currently participating in this censorship action: Wink

Cent Browser (4.3.9.182 x64 portable) has forbidden its users from accessing the CCleaner site below. If dear developer explains why, we will be very happy.

https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner

Correction:

As soon as I noticed that I could not access CCleaner site with Cent Browser, I wrote this message; then, when I searched again, I found that the situation was the same in all Chromium-based browsers.

The event got very interesting; because there is no problem connecting to the site in question with Firefox and its derivatives.
i'm using the beta (64 bit portable) and clicked your link and it works fine for me (in USA). maybe an extension? Did you try safe mode?
Both Cent Browser and the rest of the chromoclones open this site perfectly.
You have local problems!
(11-10-2020, 09:28 PM)badablek Wrote: Centbrowser 4.3.9.182 x64, vanilla (no tweaks, no extensions), works great : Works also with the installed version...
Quote:jeffhere Wrote: i'm using the beta (64 bit portable) and clicked your link and it works fine for me (in USA). maybe an extension? Did you try safe mode?
Quote:cb-user Wrote: Both Cent Browser and the rest of the chromoclones open this site perfectly. You have local problems!
Reading your answers, it turned out that the problem was specific to me only; so it was easy for me to unravel it; thank you so much.

Two things misled me:

* Firefox and its derivative browsers are now starting to ignore the "hosts" file of Windows; I did not know that;

* Aging Smile : I prevented the CCleaner, which I use for rough cleaning of the computer, from connecting to the internet (with the "hosts" file); Because every time I started it, it would first connect to its owner and send data, thereby constantly delaying cleaning; That's what I forgot.

By the way, I couldn't decide whether to praise or reproach the developers of Firefox for skipping the "hosts" file Smile
@jeffhere Do you have dns over https enabled in Firefox? That may be the reason why
(11-11-2020, 10:40 AM)mtaki14 Wrote: @jeffhere Do you have dns over https enabled in Firefox? That may be the reason why

Dear "mtaki14",

I think you wanted to ask me the question, but you asked "jeffhere" by mistake. Smile

I congratulate you for your knowledge and attention:

Yes, I've been selecting the "Enable DNS over HTTPS" option via "Options> General> Network Settings> Settings"  since it was added to Firefox.

I will continue to choose it for safety from now on.

The same selection can be made in Chromium based browsers (using the "chrome://flags" page); But, unfortunately, it doesn't work.
Cent Browser 4.3.9.182, (x64) (Chromium 86.0.4240.183)
if you press the middle mouse button, then drag the mouse down or up (for automatic scrolling) jerks and twitches appear, scrolling is not smooth
I have a somewhat related issue to above, except in my case, when pressing the middle mouse button the auto-scrolling feature and icon (image example below) don't appear. I used this feature very regularly in Chrome and would really like to have it in Cent (for the record, I switched primarily for the 'autohide bookmark bar' feature). I was looking at the settings menu and saw that 'Browsing > Use autoscrolling' is locked on, I was wondering if that may be related to the issue. I tried reinstalling my mouse drivers, but nothing changed and I can't find any other drivers to make auto-scrolling work again.

[Image: image136.png.pagespeed.ce.akPlNak2uu.png]