Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
STABLE version -- 4.2.10.171
I'm so far happy with the new 4.3.9.182 (which only works with DirectWrite enabled), as I always prefer a newer Chromium core to the ability of disabling DirectWrite, especially when I've the extension 'Font Rendering Enhancer' installed.
I tried the pulled beta and it seems to have fixed a couple of issues I raised and the inactive buttons in Settings have been fixed. Don't care for Direct Write not working although I understand that some people really want it.

Does anyone know why 4.3.9.182 was pulled? Is there some sort of show stopping bug or a major vulnerability in it that we don't know about? Was it a test to see how quickly they could produce a working build without the functions like Direct Write that they've been having so much trouble with?
(11-05-2020, 06:05 AM)taro Wrote: Middle clicking on tab to close tab doesn't work.

Win 10 (1809) middle click working well. Tried it on 4.3.9.182 x64 portable, i took it here: http://static.centbrowser.com/beta_64/

Have only one trouble for now: Spotify web player does not work, but it is Spotify it self issue, they don't support Chromium...
Hello to all.

4.3.9.182 have abnormal result in speeDOMeter benchmark. I compare it with google chrome. Engine are same, but result are different. I use only ublock origin on both browsers.

(11-05-2020, 08:25 PM)Roderico Wrote: 4.3.9.182 have abnormal result in speeDOMeter benchmark. I compare it with google chrome. Engine are same, but result are different. I use only ublock origin on both browsers.

Угу, есть такое. Same thing, CentBrowser little bit slower in compare to Iron or original Google.

[Image: _d126bebbc462db486bc9d70fc17b474f.jpeg]

Update: Tried latest Vivaldi it shown same result as CentBrowser ~73 runs/minute
Update2: Latest Brave shown ~70 runs/minute

Maybe "issue" is related to compiler version and build flags...
Hovering the mouse over the left side of the screen up or down does not bring up the tab menu, for this to work you need to hover the cursor over the middle of the left side of the screen, I wrote about it before but the problem has not been fixed in the latest beta version.
4.3.9.182 now has been updated from Chromium 86.0.4240.111 to 86.0.4240.183 and they fixed the issue with DirectWrite disabled. Good job, Cent Team!
Windows 10x64 Pro + Cent x64

Attached Files Image(s)

I upgraded to that .182 beta x64 portable. There zero fonts are visible. Even settings. No text anywhere.
Deleted data folder, and it seemed to work fine.
I tried 2 different upgrades an both had absolutely no test visible in any webpage or browser settings. Is that direct write maybe? Anyone see this?
(11-06-2020, 01:07 AM)doctorwizz Wrote: I upgraded to that .182 beta x64 portable. There zero fonts are visible. Even settings. No text anywhere.
Deleted data folder, and it seemed to work fine.
I tried 2 different upgrades an both had absolutely no test visible in any webpage or browser settings. Is that direct write maybe? Anyone see this?

You are probably using the previous 4.3.9.182 which was based on Chromium 86.0.4240.111, that one didn't work. Try to download the new one which is based on Chromium 86.0.4240.183 from http://static.centbrowser.com/beta_64/